"Can you bring that girl in my jersey to the front?"

I push the wooden double doors open, entering the massive sports hall in Mill Brook County High School. Sam's already here, he got here about an hour ago for pre-game practice, so I came alone. Of course I'm wearing his jersey, underneath my navy jumper which I paired with a pair of white ripped jeans and black low-cut converses. I feel really self-conscious surrounded by tonnes of high school kids, especially as I'm entering alone and I don't go to Mill Brook. I walk to the stands and most of the seats at the front are taken, so I have to settle for a seat in the top row, hoping that I will have a good view of the game. I was so wrong, people have massive banners which they are already holding up and everyone around me seems to be taller than me but I'm not surprised since I'm basically short for my age. I only reach to about Sam's shoulder and he's average height for his age, so that says a lot. Also, since prom is in a few weeks there are a lot of couples together and I've seen at least 5 people ask someone to prom within the 2 minutes that I've been in this hall. The joys of prom season.

I scroll through my Instagram feed, liking a picture of a quote with an ocean background that says 'An entire sea of water can't sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can't put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.' I then hear the announcement that the team Mill Brook is playing, is coming onto the court; I don't know what school they are exactly but I know it's in the same borough. The opposing team is wearing navy jerseys whilst Sam's school has red ones. I watch the team come on to the court and wait for Sam's team to come on to the court. I found out a few weeks ago that Sam was the team captain and that the game was after all of his GCSE exams, so everyone was really excited and hyped for the end of exams. We didn't really spend a lot of time together from when he invited me to the game until now, because he had to revise for exams and was really busy with training and everything. We did go out on Valentine's Day though: Sam took me on a date by the river Thames, we went to a restaurant in the docks and we strolled along the Thames for the rest of the evening. It was really pretty with lights everywhere and before I went home he gave me a dozen roses. From that day on, my love for him has grown each day. 

"And now, the home team of Mill Brook County High!" The announcer says using a microphone. I watch the team come on and cheer when Sam finally enters the court.

He scans the stands looking for me and when he finally spots me, he goes over to the announcer and says to him, "Can you bring that girl in my jersey to the front?" His voice echoes throughout the hall, as his voice is projected over the microphone. He points to where I am and a guard comes over to me, leading me down to the front. Someone passes me an extra chair and he sets it down at the end of the first row. I blush slightly from all the attention but feel proud that I'm Sam's.

Satisfied, Sam allows the game to begin. I watch Sam swiftly move around the court, passing the ball and scoring once or twice. By halftime the score is 35-35 and I can tell that everyone is stressed out by the result because they really want to win.

I spot Sam and he heads towards me with 4 friends but they all stop about 2 metres away from me, which confuses me. Sam raises his hand and clicks, causing a mariachi band to appear out of no where. As the band plays music, the four guys next to Sam lift up their jerseys, revealing black letters on their chests, which assume are painted on.

The letters spell out PROM and then Sam lifts his jersey to reveal a massive black ? painted onto his chest. My hand flies to my mouth and explosions of butterflies go off in my body. How did I not see this coming?

After a moment of silence from the shock, I open my mouth to reply but Sam beats me to it saying, "I'm not playing the second half until I get an answer. That answer being yes."

"OF COURSE I'LL GO TO PROM WITH YOU!" I nearly shout at Sam, running into his arms. He picks me up and I instinctively wrap my legs around his waist, our lips meeting once again. When we pull away, he sets me down and runs to the changing room. I sit back down and I can feel everyone's eyes burning into my back, I guess a lot of girls were crushing on Sam but he's all mine. The thought makes me feel over the moon and I really can't believe any of it. I pinch myself a few times, to make sure this isn't a dream before the game starts again.

The game soon ends, with Mill Brook County defeating the other school 79-65. They didn't win by much, but a win is a win and they won fair and square. I guess the night went well for both me and Sam. I got asked to prom by him and he got a 'yes' as well as his team winning the game.

A/N: Hey guys, so I hope you liked this chapter! I was thinking yesterday and there are about 7 chapters left, I think. I won't write a sequel but I might write it from Sam's POV a few months after this book is finished. 

Thank you for the reads, comments and votes! ILY