"It must be fate."

We pull away and both pant. His breath fans on my lips as he lifts me back up.

"I'm coming." I shout to Rixanah.

Sam pecks my lips again before he releases me.

I whisper,"Bye." Before running out of the cave to Rixanah.

"What took you so long?" She asks.

"Oh you know... um..." I stammer.

"You kissed didn't you?" She asks, scanning my face.

I blush feverishly before answering,"Maybe once or twice, yes."

She squeals and hugs me.

"Jeez, calm down Rixanah." I say whilst laughing.

She releases me and we start walking back. I put my hands into the pockets of my shorts. I feel a piece of paper in my right pocket. I take it out and see a number scrawled on it. The writer only scribbled "-S" at the bottom as a form of identification but i already know who it is.

"What is that?" Rixanah asks looking over my shoulder. She reads it before squealing and exclaiming,"YOU HAVE HIS NUMBER?"

I laugh and reply,"Yeah I guess I do." A grin is plastered on my face. I feel butterflies erupting in my stomach. Does he really want to be with me? I know it's soon, but life is too short to wait. I really like him and I want to be with him, and if he feels the same then why wait? None of us are promised tomorrow and a split second could change everything. Why waste time? After all, life isn't measured by the amount of breaths we take, it's measured by the moments that take our breath away.

~~~~~~~

For the rest of the day me, Rixanah and my mum went swimming and we decided to eat at a restaurant.

We finally reach the hotel, after our meal. I find a note on the floor in front of the door. I quickly snatch it up before anybody sees.

Meet me tonight at 9pm on the beach.

-S

I walk inside the room to see that the time is 8:45. I have 15 minutes to get ready! I quickly brush my hair and spritz a bit of my favourite perfume on. I tell Rixanah and we decide to go together,so my mum won't ask any questions. Technically it isn't a lie because we are going together but i'm going to meet somebody else. Sam.

We notify my mum and we start making our way to the beach.

"I'll just wait here, if something I'll call you so please don't keep your phone on silent." Rixanah says.

"Okay, calm down." I say backing away with my hands held high. I hit something hard with my back. I've walked into somebody.

"I'm so sorry." I start apologising.

The mysterious figure spins me around, making me to crash into their muscular chest.

"Don't worry about it, JJ." I hear Sam say. I smile against his chest before he interlocks his fingers with mine and we start walking.

"Don't take too long!" I hear Rixanah yell. I wave at her, signalling for her to shut up.

We walk with Sam for about another 5 minutes before perching on a boulder in the sea. The water crashes onto it but not far enough to reach us. The moonlight reflects on the water, making it sparkle. Sam sits behind me enveloping me into a tight embrace. I take in his scent, muscular and manly, like my favourite candle: mahogany teakwood.

"So when are you leaving?" He asks breaking the silence.

"In two days. You?"

"Same, what time?"

"My train leaves at 3pm." I reply, snuggling further into his chest. I close my eyes and just listen to the sound of his voice.

His chest vibrates as he chuckles.

"What?" I ask.

"We're leaving on the same day, at the same time, and we're taking the same train. It must be fate."

"Yeah I guess it is." I smile, remembering our first conversation.

I turn in his arms to face him. Our eyes lock and after a while his drift down to my lips. I do the same and before I know what's happening, his lips are on mine. His lips are so soft, I just want more. Sam bites my lip, making me groan against his lips. His kisses make me feel like I'm on top of the world.