Chapter 123

Ron's POV

Mahi and Mehul uncle became very emotional and he hugged her tightly. It was evident that he wanted to keep her at his home like every father.

" Why did you have to grow up so soon?? Now tell your Ron to let you stay here, he can also stay here. " He said but before we could think of something, Gautam uncle cleared his throat.

" Yes, it is a good tradition, you start it, I will follow it. I will also not send my daughter to your home. Even Mihir can stay at our home with us. " He said with a smile. We all smiled.

" C'mon Mehul, don't be so sentimental. She is just going to live at Rahul's place. It is not so far off. You can meet her anytime. " Vikram uncle said.

" I will ask you when your daughter, Vidya gets married. " Mehul uncle said.

" I would not mind if we get her married within this group. We know everyone in this group, it is a safe haven for our daughters. " He said.

" Mehul, don't worry, your daughter is still your daughter but we get to share her as our daughter as well, and you are getting Ron in this deal. " Dad said.

" Ron, I know you love her and will take care of her but please don't ever break her heart or make her cry, or, I will forget that you are my best friend's son. I will beat you to a pulp. " Mehul uncle said.

" Rest assured, uncle, your princess is my queen now. I will take very good care of her. " I assured him.

" Rahul, wedding cancel!! Go back, taking your son. " Mehul uncle said. I was shocked.

" What? Why?? " Dad asked.

" He called me as uncle... " He replied.

" No!! Sorry Dad!! Don't cancel the wedding. As it is we are really married this time, you can't cancel this wedding. " I said and then smiled looking at him. He smiled as well and kissed Mahi's forehead.

Mahi hugged her mom and brothers. They all had tears in their eyes.

The wedding concluded with the emotional Vidaai, as Mahi bids farewell to her family, promising to bring happiness to her new home. The air was filled with both tears and smiles, marking the end of a beautiful celebration uniting Mahi and me in wedded bliss.

We all got into cars and drove towards home. My mom was standing there with Chachi. They welcomed us with an Arti platter and then Mahi crossed the threshold after overturning a pot of rice with her right foot.

Then she immersed her feet in a big platter filled with a kumkum paste and walked ahead leaving her footprints.

Mom and Chachi had arranged for us to play some of the funny games that are played to remove the awkwardness of the first day of the bride at her husband's place. But she has been familiar with all of us and our home since childhood.

First of all, chachi asked us to open the thick and decorated threads that tied to our hands in tight knots, a day before the wedding. Both of us had to open each other's threads single-handedly. She had long nails and could open them easily while I kept trying. Everyone was telling me to do it fast, so I tugged it very hard and it broke at some weak point.

" This is too much, you had to open it, not break it. " Chachi said.

" It was not getting opened. " I said.

" Okay, fine! Mahi won that game. Now, this is the most interesting game because the one who wins in this game, rules over the other. " Mom said.

To play this, milk and water were poured into a vessel with rose petals and coins. A ring was also kept in the vessel which was to be found by her or me, using a single hand.