𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Chapter Eleven
𝐒𝐞𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

✵

𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 never stayed the same was something that Juno had learned at the ripe age of five when she was first transferred from one facility to another, two years before she was on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar, and four years before she was saved from the people she once called family. 

However, change didn't just stop at the bad situations, the saying was all good things must come to an end, and the girl never had anything good happen to her to worry about. 

But now she did. 

Juno wasn't saying goodbye to Steve forever, and she knew that, but the feeling of dread still crept up through her body as the car moved down the New York City streets, getting closer and closer to their destination.

Not much had been said since they left the cemetery, other than Sam's occasional humming to the music coming from the radio. 

Once they arrived, Steve parked the car but no one made any move to get out. Finally, after a minute or two of silence, Juno opened the door and hopped out of the car, soon followed by the two adults. 

Steve handed Juno one of the multiple bags from the trunk. The girl hauled the bag onto her back, before grabbing the second bag Steve held out for her, and clutched it to her stomach. 

Steve and Sam grabbed the few remaining bags and began to follow the teenager into what was formerly known as Stark Tower. 

Pepper was waiting in the lobby for the three of them, and when she saw Juno leading the way she gave the girl a warm smile that the girl imagined only a mother could possess, and although Pepper wasn't a mother, she and Natasha were the closest things to a mother that Juno would probably ever get. 

The teenager didn't say anything before dropping the bags and rushing to Pepper, engulfing the woman in a bone-crushing hug that the strawberry blonde happily reciprocated. 

"Tony and Bruce are waiting upstairs for you." Pepper smiled as they pulled away from each other. Juno nodded and quickly collected her bags while Pepper greeted the two men before leading the three of them upstairs. 

Avengers Tower was huge, there were multiple different floors for multiple different things. Anybody who lived in the tower had their own room in the living quarters on the tenth floor. On the seventh floor was what Juno called the gym, because Tony's fancy word for it never stuck in her brain long enough, and then the rest of the floors were still unexplored territory for her. 

Tony and Bruce spent most of their time on the fifteenth floor, which also had a fancy name that Juno couldn't pronounce, so she just called it the science lab, which made it sound like a middle school class but Juno didn't care, it was funny seeing the look on Tony's face when she called it his science lab.