𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Chapter Five
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐀𝐧 𝐄𝐧𝐝

✵

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐎 𝐑𝐀𝐍 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 one of the last streets she was supposed to check. Since she couldn't read, much to her disappointment, in order to mark off each street, she marked a building with what she had been told was an X, using one of the throwing knives Natasha gave to her when they were suiting up. 

Continuing down the street, she kept an eye out for any signs of life, Chitauri or human. She surprisingly hadn't run into any of the ugly aliens since the big group she fought off when she split from the others. 

A piece of rubble fell onto a nearby car making Juno's head snap towards it. She suddenly got this weird feeling that someone was watching her. 

Looking around, she narrowed her eyes when she saw something move from the corner of her eye. Turning towards the alley, she moved closer as her eyes and hands began to glow. 

"Hello?" 

When Juno got no answer, she went to turn back to continue her search when a boy came out of the alley. He seemed to be a bit older than her and she noticed how his blue shirt had a growing red patch on it. "Are you a superhero?" 

Juno gave him a curious look, what an interesting thing to say to someone. But, given how she was dressed, she figured that maybe it wasn't as weird as it seemed. 

"Uh... yes." 

The boy's eyes widened in awe as he stared at her, "What's your name?" 

Juno thought for a moment before shrugging, "I don't really have one yet." 

"Oh." 

She glanced back towards the red spot on his arm sleeve, "Are you hurt?" The boy followed her gaze and his eyes widened once more when realizing what she was staring at. "Holy shit." Juno giggled before walking closer to him, "Can I see?" 

He nodded and slowly lifted his sleeve, wincing when he accidentally grazed it. "What happened?" 

The boy as he watched her inspect it, "I don't know, one minute I was with my aunt and uncle, and the next the city was being attacked by aliens and I got separated from them. It's like out of a comic book." 

Juno grinned, "That's what I said." She looked up at him once done inspecting his cut, "It looks pretty deep, it might scar. But the good thing is, you won't die." 

"How do you know that?" 

"I get hurt a lot, my friend Phil Coulson always patches me up. Or, he did." A small frown made its way onto Juno's face when she realized that Coulson wouldn't be there to patch her up anymore.