𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Chapter Seven 
𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐫𝐲

✵

     𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐘'𝐒 surgery next to Steve, she wasn't technically supposed to be in the observation room but she had managed to sneak past the guards outside the room and Steve was too out of it to tell her off. 

     Natasha marched into the room and stopped next to Juno, "Is he gonna make it?" 

     Juno wiped a stray tear and shoved her hands deep into her pockets, "I don't know." Steve responded quietly. 

     "Tell me about the shooter." 

     "He's fast. Strong. Had a metal arm." 

     Maria Hill stepped up next to Natasha, "Ballistics?" 

     Hill snapped out of her daze and glanced toward Natasha, "Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable." 

     "Soviet-made." 

     "Yeah." All of a sudden multiple machines began beeping repeatedly. "What's happening?" Juno panicked, but nobody answered the girl. Instead continued to stare through the window, hoping and praying that Fury would make it off the table alive. 

     Natasha began mumbling something to herself and Juno looked between all of them, finally understanding what was going on. The doctors tried resuscitating the man before finally calling it. 

     "What's the time?" 

     "1:03, Doctor." Steve grabbed Juno's hand and led her out of the room. The girl was still in shock and tried her best not to cry. 

     Once they were down the hall, Steve pulled Juno into a hug and she finally broke, letting the tears run down her face as she buried her head into her uncle's chest. 

     "It's okay, kid." 

     A few minutes later, they went to see Nick's body. Neither Steve nor Juno wanted to get super close, but Natasha stood right at the body's side. 

     After many minutes had passed, Hill came into the room and quietly whispered to Steve, "I need to take him." and passed him a pile of fresh clothes. He nodded and gently handed the clothes to Juno who was still covered in Fury's blood. 

     The girl took them and left the room to go find a bathroom to change in. 

     Juno took her time, scrubbing off any excess blood that was on her skin. She found it everywhere but unfortunately, she only had a sink to help her. Once she finally left the bathroom, she found Natasha standing outside the doorway, "Hey kid. Steve had to report back to S.H.I.E.L.D. so you're with me." Juno nodded with a small fake smile.