𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Chapter Four
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞

✵

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 what to feel. She felt empty, and numb, like she had nothing left to care about. 

Coulson was dead, Fury had given her the news when Agents finally found her. She had been hiding under a set of stairs, her white eyes glitching and a slight white aura around her hands curled into fists. 

She managed to calm down, but when she heard the news and saw the body, she acted out. Nobody was hurt, and the only damage she did was to the stairs above her which crumbled as she cried, but none of the giant pieces of cement hit an agent only because the girl willed it not to.

Now she was chained in another cell, they couldn't bring her back to the S.H.I.E.L.D. base since they had no time, so they used one of the smaller cells on the ship to chain her up until it was all over. 

Her regular handcuffs were back on, and her legs were chained to the floor, only giving her a little bit of room to walk. But the worst thing was the collar, it somehow blocked her from using her powers. The only other time Juno had to use it was when she was first brought to S.H.I.E.L.D.

This is what had to be done, she knew this. She was dangerous, a threat, they shouldn't have let her come, she just caused more damage than good, and she wasn't even helpful. These are the things she told herself when she felt betrayed by Fury and the rest of S.H.I.E.L.D. It was for their safety and hers. 

Then why did it hurt so much?

Thor and Bruce were missing, they both fell out of the plane when the chaos ensued. Natasha was with Barton who they had gotten back thanks to the redhead. Tony and Steve managed to fix the engines but they barely made it out alive. 

Everyone was in shock, no one expected this and the loss' that came with it, and it wasn't even over. 

Juno didn't look up when the door opened, the person sighed as Juno played with her fingers. "What did they do to you, kid?" Juno looked up to see Steve. He had a pile of clothes in his hand and Juno had no idea why. She shook her head and looked back down at her hands. "I'm a monster." She whispered. 

Steve knelt in front of her and began unlocking the chain. Juno assumed he knocked out the guard in front of her door and took the key. "You're grieving. Coulson meant a lot to you, you have feelings like any other person. You're not a monster." 

Juno's eyes welled with tears as she looked at him, "He didn't deserve to die." 

"I know, kid." 

She surprised him by wrapping her arms around his neck, she didn't get many hugs, only from Coulson who on occasion gave her a side hug when she did a good job in training.