1.

4:50pm, October 1st, 2012
Los Angeles, California

She sat in the doctors office waiting on her results to come back

She sat in the doctors office waiting on her results to come back. By her side her mother anxiously waited on the good news, but in her heart she knew her only daughter was ill.

As Doctor. Sam Buffi. Came back into the office, Robyn took a breath as Sam made her way around to her desk to sit down. Monica held Robyn's hand tightly before Sam cleared her throat.

"First of all Robyn. I would like to thank you for coming back here today. I know this has been a hard few days for you but-"

"Just tell me please!" Robyn said quietly. She had been biting her nails for the past few days worrying about this moment.

"I'm so sorry Robyn. But you do have cancer!" Robyn's eyes started to water before she looked at Monica who was trying to keep her own tears in.

"No! Please lord no!" Monica whispered to herself before Robyn let her hand go.

Robyn couldn't get a sentence together. The only thing she could think about was the fact she was going to die just like her father did. Robyn's father and Monica's late husband died of Cancer on Christmas Eve in 2010. Robyn was only 18. Now in her 20s and Robyn's life is over!

Robyn had so much hopes and dreams of getting a job, going on dates with her boyfriend of 3 months. Making new friends. Everything a young adult woman dreams of, Robyn's life was now going to be cut short. And Robyn still couldn't get a word in as her mouth suddenly became dry.

"I- um, I-"

"I know this is hard for you- you both to take in Robyn. But I am here for you and will be here throughout your hospital stay and chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatments!" Sam told her before she got up.

On the outside Robyn was a bit calm. But on the inside she wanted to scream out. But she knew that would not help anything. She would still have Cancer even if she screamed at the top of her lungs. She wouldn't be able to scream the illness out of her.

"W-when do I have to start my treatments?." Robyn finally spoke but it came out in a whisper.

"In a few days. You will have to come back here tomorrow, so we can get you all settled in your room and go though everything! But for tonight go home and try to relax. I know it's going to be hard Robyn. But I'm only a phone call away if you need to talk tonight." Sam said handing Robyn her card with her number on it.

"Mama?." Robyn said turning to Monica who was now in tears.

"I'm okay my sweetheart. I promise." Monica told Robyn but Robyn knew her mother wasn't okay.