Chapter Fifty-eight: Premonition.

Start from the beginning

"Romance is... everything!" She said and Pedro made a playful grimace face.

"Ehhh I beg to differ." He said, "But I'm willing to see what people love about it so much."

"If you want some recommendations I could hook you up with some, I saw a bookstore on the way here that I could show to you." She waved the book lightly, "I'm assuming you like hard copies."

"I do." He replied, but then he checked his watch, "Unfortunately, I have a program to attend this evening and I really should be on my way. You're a friend of Violet's uh..."

"Susan." She said, "I'm Susan, and yeah, I'm Violet's friend."

"I'm Pedro. I'm her boyfriend's cousin " He said and waved our way, we waved back as he started to step away, "I'll look out for the bookstore you were talking a out and grab a copy of that."

"Yeah, you do that." Susan sighed, watching him leave, obviously crestfallen since he didn't catch her hints. I sighed and hooked my arm through Annie's as we walked up to her.

"Seriously?" I whispered.

"This many options and you went for the one who doesn't look remotely interested?" Annie asked.

That made Susan laugh. "It's turning into an actual problem." She said. "But this time, I'll wait to see if it's meant to be."

〜⁠(⁠꒪⁠꒳⁠꒪⁠)⁠〜

"What do you think they're up to this time?" I asked, looking over my shoulder at the popular table where Casandra and her followers were in action once more, I don't know how they did it but they got their environment to look like the set of a movie. "But then again, I don't really care."

"Right?" Susan and Annie chorused.

"Ugh, my fans have missed me so much." Susan sighed, looking at her phone and I guessed the ship account was back on. "Too bad I'll have to quit soon.... you know, I really thought I'd have footage of you and Angelo locking lips by now, especially..."

I tried to listen to what she was saying, I really did, but for some reason, all the sounds around me seemed to dim down. My brain... started to feel fuzzy as my heartrate sped up at random. Just as I started to wonder what was going on, a pair of bright blue, crystal eyes flashed before my eyes, menacing.

"Violet?"

I jumped, startled back into the present.

"Whoa, are you okay? We can take you to the nurse." Annie said, jabbing her thumb over her shoulder.

I blinked, "I'm not sick, why would you do that?" I chuckled, but it was humorless, everyone lately had been treating me like I was going to fall apart any second. Even Angelo.

"You just spaced out and we had to call you three times before you came to." Susan explained.

"Girls, we've had two hours of chemistry and the day's not even over, I think I'm allowed to space out." I rubbed my temple, looking down at my uneaten lunch. Also, Franca Frances was weaving her way into my mind now, just great.

"Hey, don't look so offended, it's okay to need help after all the stress you've been under." Annie said, biting on the potato at the end of her fork.

"Yeah, just remember that its over now. You've got nothing to worry about." Susan said.

Over? Then why did I feel so...?

Annie giggled suddenly at her phone, all girlish and giddy and Susan and I shared a look.

"Uh... what happened to breaking up with Jason for a week?" Susan asked, raising a brow.

"Oh damn, I even forgot about that." I said. It wasn't like Angelo and I had been hanging out much, but he did send me flowers yesterday.