Vampire Blood Ball

Start from the beginning

My mouth dropped at the fantastic view of John's mansion. It looked old but yet beautiful with Victorian style. "This one of John's oldest houses," Nate said as we walked up the grand stairs. "He owns several mansions. I know some and some I don't."

"Why is that?" I asked.

He shrugged, "John is a mystery. Not just me but everyone around him. Some say he's just lonely... And I agree."

"Maybe he's misunderstood? May need someone to love," I said.

He stayed quiet for a bit, "maybe motherly love." He whispered, well... It was more like a whisper as we walked through the doors. I furrowed my brows but quickly put up a gleeful face as we walked in. We were greeted by people wearing elegant outfits, pale skin and red eyes there.

"Alpha King Nathan!" A man said, walking out of the crowd. He looked old, with raven black hair, and his eyes had a hint of red. "It has been long," he smiled and stretched his hand.

"Indeed, Abram," Nate said, shaking this man Abram's hand. "Abram, this is my mate and Luna Queen, Laura." He introduced, "Laura, this is Abram, one of King Theophilus Johnson's councillors."

So that's John's full name, or should I say Theophilus? I wonder why he doesn't like that name.

"It is a pleasure to put a face to the name," he said with his hand stretched out to me.

"Pleasure is all mine," I said, shaking his hand.

"Oh, must meet Victoria, my wife." He said, glancing over his shoulder, and a beautiful woman approached us. Her eyes were sky blue, and her hair was dark brown. Skin pale and smooth as perfection, and a body like a goddess, especially with a dress like hers. It hugged her perfectly.

"Victoria, this is Alpha King Nathan's mate, Laura." Abram introduced, "And Laura, this is my wife, Victoria."

"Pleasure," she muttered as we shook hands. "Hope you enjoy this year's ball with vampires," she whispered with a wink.

I smiled and said, "I sure will enjoy myself."

"Please excuse us. We need to reconnect with some old friends," Nate said, slightly bowing his head. "It was nice seeing you," he smiled before we walked into the crowd. A waitress walked towards us with a tray of champagne. Nate took a glass.

"Here you go, princess," I snapped my head to John, who handed me fruit juice in a champagne glass. "We don't want you to feel lifted out," he said.

"Great party, John," Nate commented, sipping his champagne.

"It was either this or hours of arguments with my many councillors," John grumbled, rolling his eyes as he sipped his wine if that was blood.

"Your Majesty," a man said, walking towards with a pregnant woman beside him. He looked like a younger version of Abram, almost in his late twenties.

"Viktor," John greeted and shook his hand. "You remember Alpha King Nathan, and this is Luna Queen Laura, Nathan's mate."

"Nice to meet you again," Viktor said as he shook Nate's hand and mine. "This is my wife, Naomi."

"Hello," she greeted as she shook our hand.

"Viktor is now taking part in my council," John said, glancing at Viktor, who was taking two wine glasses. "As a son of Abram, he has to follow father's footsteps."

"Your Abram's son?" I asked, noticing he was handing the other glass to his pregnant wife.

He nodded his head 'yes' and sighed, "I tried to avoid politics, but I couldn't, especially since we're expecting a baby. I need to ensure my daughter's future." Everyone in our circle laughed.

"Indeed," Naomi said, taking a sip.

"So, how many months?" I asked.

She smiled and placed her hand on her bump, "seven months. Imagine it took us a hundred years. Finally, we're having our first."

I gaped in shock. Hundred years!

Naomi, Viktor and John chuckled, "We're pureblood vampires, and we have immortality, so reproduction is complicated." John explained while sipping his wine. Suddenly, Naomi gasped in pain and dropped her wineglass, then wrapped her arms around her belly.

"Naomi—" Viktor gasped and coughed, dropping his glass.

"What's going on!?" I yelled, stepping forward to Naomi, trying to help her on her feet.

"I don't—" John started coughing like Viktor, followed by shuttering glass around us. "Call... For... Help!" John tried to stop coughing.

"I'm on it," Nate said, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"Nathan!" Ivy's voice echoed through the coughs, running towards us.

I glanced around to see every one of those vampires that drank that blood was coughing out in pain. I was shocked and afraid.

"My baby... Save... My baby," Naomi whispered. I saw and smelt blood coming from her mouth.

I glanced up at Ivy, who was helping me out with Naomi.