Back in His Arms

The King of Vampires has me! What was he going to do to me?

Kill me!?

Does he know that I am the Alpha King's mate, the daughter of the moon goddess? Does Nate know that the Vampire King saved or maybe captured me?

"You know I can hear your heart racing," I snapped out of my train of thought and glanced at him. He grinned, revealing his fangs, "are you afraid?" He asked.

I slowly shifted myself away from him until I was leaning against the car door. He chuckled at my reaction, "Nate never told me you were shy!" He tilted his head a bit to get a good look at me, "hasn't your mate told that I'm his best friend?"

I gulped nervously and hesitantly shook my head 'no', "I thought Sean was his 'best friend'," I murmured, stopping myself from air quoting.

He laughed, throwing his head back, "Sean and he are best friends... What do you ladies say these days? Um, oh yes... BFFs whilst I was his partying friend. It has been a long time since we've been together."

"I thought vampires hated us, werewolves?"

"Some... okay, a lot of my kind hate yours, but I enjoy your company. Well... Nate's," he shrugged his shoulders. "Besides, you, not a werewolf... You're a lycan." His gaze narrowed down at me.

I have heard about Vampires' hatred towards Lycans because the Lycans were taking over where they had. I had heard that they enjoyed torturing Lycans, and since they could heal, it was fun for the vampires. They loved hearing them beg for death.

"Oh, don't worry, love. I've heard about the prophecy and that you, the daughter of the moon goddess, herself." He lifted an eyebrow, leaning forward, "but I can't put a finger on it, but you like someone I met many years ago... Do you know if you have a father?" He asked.

"No... I don't know," I murmured, leaning against the window. "When will we reach the palace?" I asked.

I don't want to continue this conversation with him. All I had in my mind was Nate.

I wanted my mate's touch.

"Maybe three to four hours away. Rest, you've been through a lot," he said, leaning back, then pulled out his phone.

I turned my gaze away from him and stared out the window. I saw only tree after tree until everything went dark. Suddenly, I felt sparks and warmth spreading around my body. It was fantastic since I snuggled towards it. "I missed you too, my love," I heard his deep, beautiful voice, which caused me to snap my eyes open, staring straight into his warm forest green eyes.

"Nate!" I gasped, wrapping my arms around his neck and placing my head on his neck. "I missed you so much," I mumbled, inhaling his scent, making sure that it was him and not a dream.

"Ow, love birds," I heard Johnson's voice behind us as we entered the palace.

"I know you're tired, but the elders and witches need to see you before you rest," Nate whispered into my ear, walking into the living room.

"Laura!" I heard Kelly exclaiming. I saw she was standing beside Elizabeth near the fireplace. Seated on the couches were both Ivy and Noah. Across from them was Elder Smallwood and Stone. When they saw us, they all stood.

Nate slowly placed me on my feet, but he kept his arm wrapped around me and also held me close to his side.

"Welcome back, Luna," everyone greeted, bowing their heads in respect.

"We apologize for your misfortune with the Lycan Brothers, Luna," Elder Stone said, his voice laced with concern. He smiled warmly, which surprised me, but I smiled back.