Awkward Dinner

Laura's POV

"... Luna, you are incredible." Another handshake after the other.

Two hours in that room full of angry Alphas and Elders because of many situations. Over the sea, there was the problem with rogue vampires, whilst we have Lycan brothers and rogue werewolves attacking our weakest packs. "That went smooth," Nate muttered under his breath. I chuckled, knowing what he was talking about. This day couldn't get more tiring than it is.

"Alpha Nathan, Luna Laura." An old man, who looked around in his fifties, approached us.

"Elder Reed," Nate greeted, and I nodded slightly. "Pleasure seeing you here," he said.

Elder Reed chuckled, "Luna Laura, for an eighteen-year-old, you are showing signs of a great Queen." He said towards me. "I can't wait for you all to move to Europe after I have sorted this mess."

Move to Europe? What did he mean by that?

I glanced at Nate, "Oh, thank you, Elder Reed. Have a pleasant day," Nate quickly said, shaking Elder Reed's hand.

"Have a good day, your Highnesses," he bowed before walking away.

Once he was far enough, I turned to Nate. "What did he mean by moving to Europe?" I asked.

He sighed, "The Crescent Royal palace, as you know, is in Europe, and it has been for years since the Crescent family been away. The Elders have been arguing that moving back into our family home is time after we stopped the Lycan brothers."

"But my family is here!"

"I know, but don't worry about that. We're still discussing." He embraced me, "I know you don't want to be far away from your family, and I don't want to go to Europe. I don't enjoy being with all my relatives." He kissed my forehead, "they are too snobby for my liking."

We laughed softly. "I think we have another meeting," I muttered, staring into his eyes.

He groaned, "Please don't remind me." He whined like a five-year-old child.

I giggled, "Sorry, your Majesty, but you have responsibilities." I faked an accent.

"Oh, you don't want to be in my arms all day?" He asked, lifting a brow.

My face went blank, "never mind about that." I mumbled, hiding my face on his chest, feeling the vibration on his chest from his laughter.

Once he finished laughing, we broke out from our embrace and went into the car, heading to the Royal Lion Hotel. Nate's business friend owned it, and I'll meet him tonight with his wife. "Wow," I gasped as I walked into our room. It was huge. The windows faced the beautiful view of the city. The walls were painted white and black, including the furniture. The carpet was blood red.

"It's nothing," I snapped my head over my shoulder. Nate walked in, "I'll show you what's wow one day." He said, sending a wink at me.

I hummed. He might have seen better hotel rooms than I have. Maybe they looked like those you'll see on television. "If you say so," I said, shrugging my shoulders as I walked towards the window.

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

"Room service!" I heard through the door.

Nate opened, "Thank you." I heard him say as he closed the door.

I turned on my heels, "what was that?" I asked, noticing his hands were behind him.

He furrowed his brows and smiled, "what?" He asked.

I crossed my arms, "what are you hiding?"

He hummed, acting as though he was thinking, "I don't know." He slowly revealed a bowl, "ice cream?"

I squealed, grabbing the bowl of ice cream off his hand. "Thank you!" I filled my mouth with fantastic ice cream.

I moaned, but I snapped out of my trance, staring at Nate in confusion. "Ain't you going to share?" He asked. I lifted a brow, keeping my eyes on him as I stuffed another spoonful in my mouth. He gaped in a jokingly shock, and I smiled while wiggling my brows.

I laughed, lifting a spoon of ice cream and fed him. "For now... I'm sharing," I said.

He grinned, "But I'll still love you."

*~*~*

"Mr Ross is one of my clients who always wants a monthly update about the company's profit," Nate explained as we walked out of the elevator. "Also, he can say awkward things, especially when his wife is around."

"So, does he know I'm coming?" I asked as we walked to the restaurant.

"He knows you're coming. Remember, they are human," he whispered. I realised he was staring from afar. I followed his gaze towards a couple. The man looked in his late fifties, his black/grey hair gelled back, and he wore a suit. Next to him was a youthful woman who looked like she was in her early twenties. She looked beautiful with her long legs, long golden hair, and blue eyes.

"Is that his wife?" I asked softly as we slowly walked towards the table.

"Yes, she is, and she's a model and a gold digger. Now smile," he faked a smile and followed it with his fake smile. "Mr and Mrs Ross," he greeted, stretching and shaking their hand. "This Laura, my wife."

"Wife!?" Both Mr and Mrs Ross gasped. Mr Ross said with happiness in his eyes and a smile. But Mrs Ross faked a smile, her eyes filled with anger and jealousy.

"Well, congratulations!" Mr Ross said, shaking my hand, "It's nice to meet you, Mrs Crescent."

"Nice to meet you too, Mr Ross, and thank you," I said as Nate pulled my chair out for me to sit.

Once seated, Mrs Ross tried to hide her jealousy, but I still saw hatred in her eyes. "When did you get married?" Mrs Ross asked calmly.

"Two months ago," Nate answered. He grabbed my hand and lightly squeezed it. "It was a private wedding."

Two months ago was my introduction ceremony. So he was calling it a wedding. "Finally, now you no longer jump from one woman to the next." Mr Ross joked, "Laura, you must keep this young man in check. He would have women around him 24/7."

I faked my smile as I tilted my head to glare at Nate, who was nervously chuckling. "Oh, Mr Ross, now know I love Laura." He chuckled.

"So Laura, How Old Are You?" Mrs Ross asked with a glare on me, "I mean, you look mature, but I feel like you're young." She said.

I cleared my throat, "Eighteen."

Mr Ross chuckled, "You two were childhood friends or lived in the same neighbourhood?" He asked.

"Something like that," I mumbled, shrugging my shoulders.

Nate cleared his throat, "Okay, let's order some food!"

Mrs Ross huffed and crossed her arms, "I must use the ladies' room. Please excuse me." I softly said as I stood.

"Oh, I too need the ladies' room," Mrs Ross said.

I let out a low growl but tried my best to be kind. She stood up and led the way to the ladies' room, with me walking behind her. Once inside, she turned on her heel and glared at me. "You little tramp, you think you're smart?" She crossed her arms.

"I know I'm smart," I smiled, holding my head high. "What's your problem?" I asked.

"I tried to get Nathan to marry me, and here you are taking what's mine!"

"Yours?"

"Yes, mine!"

I growled, "Oh really?"

"Oh really," she nodded, taking a step forward.

I grabbed her long neck and slammed her on the wall, "his mine." I grinned evilly, "Don't you ever say Nate's yours... Got it?" She quickly nodded her head with her eyes still wide. "Let's eat."