Flashback

I thrust myself awake, panting heavily for air, and my eyes widened. I felt strong but gentle hands on my shoulders. Calming me. As I took deep, steady breaths, I realized I was back in the room I woke up earlier. Lifting my gaze, I see Nathan standing beside me, trying to calm me.

"It's okay, you're safe." He hushed me, wrapping his arms around me. "I'm here," he whispered, brushing my hair back. His touch brought sparks and butterflies.

It was incredible.

I tried breathing steadily, and my thoughts were clear. Memories of last night played in my head like a movie. It was hard to take in all this news about my true self.

My destiny.

Nathan embraced me the whole time. I could feel his uncertain feeling if he was to let go of me or wait for me to make the first move. I, too, was not sure what to do. I just took his comfort with no objection. But I knew we needed to talk, especially about us as mates. "Where is everyone?" I asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

"They went to their rooms. I was worried sick about you. I wanted the pack doctor to check on you, but Alpha Jay wouldn't allow it. He said you would be okay," he mumbled like a spoiled five-year-old. I couldn't help but giggle. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded and bit my lower lip, trying not to say something that would ruin this moment. So we stayed quiet until he pulled away, which hurt my feelings.

"What happened?" He asked, placing his warm palms on each side of my cheeks. His touch brought tangles down my spine and smoothed me.

I closed my eyes, leaning into his touch. "I met the goddess," I whispered, slowly opening my eyes and staring into his forest-green eyes. "I met my birth mother," I sighed.

"Did she say anything to you?"

I looked away from his gaze, "I need to talk to my parents. They must be worried about me." I changed the subject, prying away from his touch. "Also, Alpha Jay."

Nathan was holding me back, trying to keep me in bed. "You need to rest," he insisted, and then suddenly, my vision became a blur.

*~*~*

I gasped in awe, standing in the middle of the throne room. This room looked old because of the stone. I'm dressed in the same silver dress as last night. Taking in everything. The double heavy doors busted open as a group of people dressed in middle age clothing. They walked past me and kneeled before the two couples that sat proudly on the thrones. They must be the rulers.

"Your Grace, the werewolves have rebelled against us. Also, the witches!" A man stated, rising from his knees. "They are killing us off, even their Alphas and Betas!"

A woman jumped into the conversation, "They betrayed us by siding with the vampires!" She growled, clenching her fist. "The sad part is that they are winning since they outnumber us."

"I know about our current predicament. How do you expect us to proceed with this matter?" The King asked, glaring down at the woman. She lowered her head in shame for disrespecting her King.

"To see it to your end," a voice beamed out as a woman walked into the room. Her silver eyes glared daggers at everyone in the room. "No more shall we fear from you disgusting creature." She spat venom at them, grinning from ear to ear.

The King growled, jumping onto his feet. "Who do you think you are talking to, witch!?"

She snarled, "Your death for tonight, the war against you, Lycans, has begun."

Suddenly, everything went black, and I stood in emptiness. I could see nothing but darkness. "Hello?" I called out, but silence answered back. "Hello! Is there anyone out there!?" I screamed out.

I turned on my heels, and there was a red door that appeared out of nowhere. Hesitantly, I walked towards it. I stood in front of it; I tilted to the side to see what was on the other side. However, there was nothing but darkness.

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

I flinched back, hearing knocks from behind the door. My hand landed on the knob, and hush whispers and growls echoed in the dark. Knots were pulling in my gut as I was nervous to open the door. Slowly turning the doorknob, then pushed the door open. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. There was nothing—just darkness.

*~*~*

I groaned, stirring in my sleep. I was unaware that my eyes were open until hours of staring up at the ceiling. From all these flashbacks and visions, I did get a lot of sleep. I tilted my head to the side, and there, sleeping poorly, was Nathan. He was seated on a chair, his top half bent onto the bed.

How long have you been waiting for me?

I reached out for his hand and wrapped my hand around his hand, then gave it a gentle squeeze. Not wanting to wake him up. A smile crept up my face, noticing how cute he was while sleeping and then awake when he was yelling his top off.

*~*~*

A soft breeze brushed her rich strawberry-blonde hair as she stood before an iron bowl. Her arms around the bowl, her eyes closed as her lips released chants in another tongue. The witch had an audience watching her as she did her spell. The Lycan Brothers. They stayed quiet, waiting for hours to hear what she had come up with.

"Do you believe, brothers, that the girl exists?" Oberon asked, his jet-black hair neatly brushed back. His greyish eyes were on Elsa, the witch.

"The moon goddess never lies about the fates of her wolves. This girl must exist, especially since she trusted Alpha Jay with this child," Christopher said, running his hand through his sandy blonde hair. "We may need to talk with Alpha himself." He shrugged.

Oberon left his gaze on Elsa to Christopher, "That is what we believe. That Alpha Jay may know where the child must be." He took a sip of the whiskey he had in hand. "I doubt the goddess is stupid enough to hand over an important child to a nobody."

Christopher chuckled, lifting his glass. "But you forget, brother. Love makes people make stupid mistakes."

"You correct, Christopher," Elsa said, facing them. "Love makes people make stupid mistakes," she smirked.

"What did you find?" Joseph asked as he walked in, with Nicholas following him from behind. Joseph had dark brown hair, and Nicholas had red hair.

"Her name is Laura Cross, given by her adopted parents. She is the mate of the naïve fool of an Alpha King Nathan." She said, "She's in the palace as we speak."