ℒℴ$ℯ𝓇=ℒℴ♡ℯ𝓇

ℬℯℴ𝓂𝓰𝓎𝓊 w/ 𝒦𝒶𝒾&𝒯𝒶ℯ𝒽𝓎𝓊𝓃

The bicycle became a symbol of my freedom I was chasing for... the memories and chaos were spinning in its wheels. I felt so weak holding the handlebars and balance, whereas the bike was dashing downhill.

Don't look back.

I couldn't control it, even if my whole body was tense.

The rattle of the bike caused its chain to fall off at speed... the brakes were useless. I clenched my jaw preparing for a hard fall as well.

In a split of a second I resisted the instinct of self-preservation, twisted the handlebars and threw my body to the side.

Loser...

My shoulder met the asphalt, I lost my breath and rolled myself to my chest frozen in the moment of a blunt pain in my forearm. It was like my body forgot how to breathe... I opened my mouth in vain.

So that's how my chasing for freedom ends...?

Inhale.

When I could finally take a breath and notice my familiar surroundings, I felt how the tension was replaced with some kind of overwhelming feeling.

I found myself on the empty street of our town... and felt so relieved yet so desperate because of news that my mind carried that I couldn't help but laugh, lying on the road next to my broken hopes.

Nobody can hurt me in the public... right? I chuckled, hiding my eyes from the sunlight. Thinking about how funny it had to be for someone who could watch me falling down, I had to laugh even more like a madman.

The burning pain and blood running down my cheek and wrist didn't bother me at all.

"I survived...," I thought out loud giggling.

"Beomgyu!"

"You gone crazy!"

"Are you alright??"

I turned to my side and noticed Huening Kai and Taehyun running towards me from the woods.

Maybe... it wasn't that funny at all.

"I told you we shouldn't have let him alone...," Kai hissed to Taehyun worriedly, while kneeling in front of me and checking on my wounds carefully.

However, Tae remained calm and rubbed my knee.

"What happened?" he asked bluntly. "You looked scared to death."

I bit my lower lip eyeing them. What happened?

I realized my hands are still shaking, even though they were put in Kai's. I felt so fragile and couldn't organize my thoughts properly.

"Beomgyu..."

When Taehyun's fingers reached for my temple, I shook my head a little.

"Did you know the prophecy visions were originally Soobin's?"

Kai looked at Taehyun guiltily.

Great... I closed my eyes.

"... and what about the fire of alwaysness?"

"What about that?" Tae whispered, looking around as if we were talking about a secret.

I told them about the lure of blue butterfly's wings... about the dryad and what I heard from her about the spirit waiting for the end of Otherworld... and Yeonjun incarnating the star fire.

Sometimes I wish I could see the map of thoughts Taehyun's big eyes were darting over. He must have figured something out...

"That's it... It awaits the end we were meant to reverse. That's its goal, Kai... that's why it's aiming at us. If Yeonjun really incarnated the core of our dimension... then we have to find him as soon as possible."

Find him?

I couldn't even hear his name without feeling the bruise on my broken heart. The loss hurt me too much... I missed him so much I couldn't think soberly.

"But you wouldn't rush like that because of some harmless dryad... there's something more - am I right, my Rose?" Kai promptly changed the subject as he felt my hands get cold. He gently squeezed them to soothe me.

I came to my senses remembering Heeseung's strange aura which always used to be so enchanting... but not dangerous at all.

"I have to tell you this...," I gulped.

I can't let that ringing erase it...

I can't wake up from this nightmare, not yet. I have to tell them all of it.

"The spirit Taehyun expelled... and probably the same one we are talking about... it also possessed Heeseung. He followed me to the leaves and tried to attack me, bu-but I tied his wrists and put him to sleep in time. I left him there...," my friend, I felt my throat tighten, as if something didn't want me to finish this... his eyes were so weird.

I sobbed losing the air and Kai wrapped me into his calming embrace. He lovingly stroked my messy hair.

"But Heeseung is a mind fairy just like me. It can't possess me even though I'm crossbred... it can't possess us...," Taehyun stated, repeating his hypothesis fixed in Kai's eyes.

"Are you sure he attacked you, my Rose?" the light fairy asked me after a while.

I pulled away from Hyuka's arms to face him. Sure he attacked me...?

Kai bit his lip nervously.

Taehyun remained straight-faced.

"Are you guys really serious right now?" I gasped hurt... but nobody replied so I stood up.

"You know what? I know what I saw and that I can't go back to check on him... on my friend. Do what you want with that information I gave you, it was hard to keep it in my head though."

No words left. I picked up my bike leaving this conversation...

... and hoping Soobin could clean my messy garden just like he cleaned ours.

•.°✫❀✫°.•

•.°✫❀✫°.•