ℰ𝓋ℯ𝓇𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓰 𝒮𝒽𝒾𝓃ℯ

ℬℯℴ𝓂𝓰𝓎𝓊 w/ 𝒦𝒶𝒾 & 𝒯𝒶ℯ𝒽𝓎𝓊𝓃

I guess I was wrong thinking that he didn't confide in anyone with his struggles. In the end... probably everyone needs someone who can hide their darkness and cheer them up.

The starlight was most likely bright enough to fight the shadows around Yeonjun's wayward fireplace.

Actually, I wasn't really surprised.

Kai's body was strong yet perfect to cuddle. He was clever and kind and mainly... his soul was steady unlike mine.

Huening Kai was majestic, worthy of his angel wings.

His love and care embraced us as soon as he entered our auras... then the main door clicked.

I glanced at Taehyun who sat with me on the floor, holding unconscious Soobin.

We were both still experiencing the shock from what happened... what actually is happening, what we did and what the hell we should do now... what I should do- My body was shaking so much I doupted that I would even be able to stand up.

Following Taehyun's move I timorously looked up to Huening Kai... only to get another wound.

His pale face looked so tired... cheeks and blond hair in contrast with dark lower eyelids. Eyes above them was missing their typical spark...

... he knew about Yeonjun.

"What did you loves-"

"Soobin couldn't handle it...," Tae interrupted him, "and I couldn't absorb more of his pain, that's why I agreed... and let Beomgyu to put him to sleep."

Is he defending me?

Taehyun inconspicuously glanced at me.

A quiet sigh left Kai's mouth.

The weight of the situation completely fell on my head. Anxiety growing stronger wouldn't let me move or talk.

When Kai came to us and kneeled closer to Soobin and Taehyun, I only leaned my shoulder against the wall. Guilt and fear has paralyzed me... made me feel like I am a soldier trapped in a trench.

What have I done...?

"Can you handle it...?" Kai whispered to Taehyun while eye-checking him and Soobin. He put his hand on Tae's forearm holding elder's chest close to him.

"I can... process it," the mind fairy replied after a while, blinking away the tears constantly flowing out of his purple eyes.

Seeing Taehyun using his magic this way blurred my vision again...

"Hyung..."

However, this time I wanted to keep it like that, so I wouldn't have to clearly face Huening Kai.

"Beomgyu... do you think you could heal Soobin's wounds?"

He asked me patiently, but his words, his voice and warmth of his hand tightly holding mine released my feelings and broke the dam built by long lasting shock.

"I'm so sorry," I sobbed with my throat tight. 

Why would you be? - was asking Kai's worried look which he exchanged with Taehyun. 

"What- What if I killed it?"

Hyuka breathed in deeply, nervously playing with my hand to soothe us. 

"Killed what, Sweetheart?" I could fleetly notice that he tried to ignite the kind spark in his eyes. 

How could I- 

"One of the last things left of him... To save Soobin's sanity... Kai... I- I locked his memories of Yeonjun...," I couldn't continue because of the tears that were choking me. 

... but Kai was speechless, his gaze entwined in our fingers. 

"I locked them," I repeated it because even I couldn't accept it myself, "into his subconscious. What if his love dies there, Kai?" 

I grabbed his wrists desperately waiting for some words... it didn't matter if he scolded me. I just needed to hear... something. 

Kai effortlessly got rid of my hands, carefully put them down and start to gently wipe my tears with his long sleeves. 

"Do you really think you can kill love that easily?" he smiled sadly and slightly tilted his head, "can you imagine not loving me, my Rose?" 

Sudden personal question grounded me immediately and I felt my ears burning. Then he fixed my bangs with his fingers and I had to look straight into his eyes. 

"Diamonds shine the brightest thanks to pressure... in the darkness," said the light fairy, comparing our love to the hardest and most beautiful mineral with a soul of universe. 

"We are meant to be together, nothing can destroy it... and... I am the one who should apologize," he finished it with a taste of a guilt and anxiously bite his lower lip. 

"I lost him... and I am so so sorry that I couldn't tell you... that I couldn't do more." He shook his head, pulling back his blond hair. 

He wouldn't let you anyways... my dearest Kai. 

I gulped. Hyuka always did his best for us... I'd never blame him. I knew it must has been Yeonjun's request. They certainly tried hard until the end, whatever it was... whatever it actually is. 

I finally unsticked from the wall and leaned towards Huening Kai. 

I pulled him gently by the chin... 

... then sealed our lips in a warm forgiveness. 

•.°✫❀✫°.•

•.°✫❀✫°.•