ℒℴ𝓃ℯ𝓁𝓎 ℬℴ𝓎

𝒦𝒶𝒾 w/ 𝒴ℯℴ𝓃𝒿𝓊𝓃

❦︎ᵗʰᵉ ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ

I wasn't sure if it was thunder or lightening that opened my sleeping eyelids... but when I looked around the room, there was just an anxious flame quietly flickering in front of the bed.

After I rubbed my eyes, the flash light from the outside revealed me pinkish silhouette near my covered feet.

My caring heart missed a beat, narrowing my lips.

I slowly crawled to the end of the bed and hung my arms around Yeonjun's neck, warmly hugging his naked shoulders with my hands. He gently pecked them... one by one.

"Why aren't you sleeping, my Firefly?" I asked him softly, as he leaned his head against mine.

He snapped his fingers for the last time. Sparks fell to the floor.

"The spirit spoke to me in my dream... It told me that it can show me how to save our dimension.."

Our gazes met in a tense.

"... If I'll follow it... alone."

Luckily, I didn't get my hopes up right away.

"Well, that's no," I replied emphatically, as the message woke me up instantly. "Hyung... you've already took Soobin's Cassandra curse on yourself. Don't play the hero."

My words brought Yeonjun to his feet.

"You don't understand, Kai. That wasn't a question. I have to go. Some objects and fairies have already disappeared... and some have already forgotten me too."

He gestured restlessly and pointed to himself.

"It's all a matter of time."

Accompanied by thunder he threw his forearms and landed next to me on the mattress.

I measured him sadly... then snuggled up to his torso and let him caress me. I- I do understand...

"So you just came to say goodbye?" I mumbled into his chest.

"I don't know what's gonna happen..."

I raised my head to meet his eyes. Although the mysterious spirit was draining a part of his magic, his irises shone light pink... Yeonjun was scared too.

"Jun, you don't have to do that... We can search for something else. We can ask Tae to try to search through our Akasha chronicles again..."

Yeonjun looked around to fight back his tears with a faint smile. The situation that cornered him was so absurd he wanted to laugh.

"It's suddenly hidden from him... you know that." He fleetly wiped his nose.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before we found each other scanning details of our faces. His facial features were so mythical. There was no ugly fairy, but this knight was so magnificent.

Yeonjun was the most passionate being I've ever met...

... but now he resembled beautiful fireworks... so powerful yet so volatile.

"I can't stop you, can I?"

I made him lie down close to me and stroked his cheek.

"I'll do anything to protect you all..."

Fire fairy ran his eyes over my downcast face... I ran my teeth over my lower lip. He's already made up his mind.

Suddenly he touched my chin with his fingertips... It was just a moment and I felt the warmth of his lips on mine. Putting my palm on his heart, I kissed him back... deeply, dearly...

We kissed passionately with all our love like there was no tomorrow... our bodies intertwined and dazed. 

I was sure that I'd never really let him go... then how did I end up in a lonely night keeping myself in those fading pleasant feelings? His light and warmth felt like a dream I didn't want to give up. Just stay with me, Yeonjun...

However, the cooling night and engine growl woke me up from the sweet maze. 

I realized Yeonjun was gone. 

First I was confused, but then I rushed to the window only to saw car lights disappearing in the distance. 

I quickly opened the casement and climbed onto the windowsill to jump out without hesitation... spreading my feather wings. Even though we were all part angels, only I had the ability to actually fly. 

I was doing my best to catch up with the car and outrun the wind, but no matter how hard I tried, the trees, surrounding the narrow road, wouldn't let me get lower... and certainly not nearer. My wings were too wide and the starless night was too dark. 

I can't lose you, Firefly... I frowned desperately. 

At the same moment the car skidded. The brakes screeched. It crashed deep into the forest. 

Crash. Freeze. 

I got goosebumps all over my body uncontrollably hurtling down... falling between branches until it ended up in a soft moss. 

I gasped. 

It didn't take too long for me to get up. I didn't notice the pain, my clumsy steps were leaded by one and only thought... 

"Yeonjun-a!!!"  

I didn't even mind the darkness. However, the car crush brought the cloudburst, as if the taut storm was waiting to cover up this accursed incident. 

Despite the heavy rain, I finally found the smoking car in the bushes surrounded by glowing flowers and fireflies. 

But even though I was looking for him all night... 

I've never ever found the light of our Guardian. 

•.°✵✫✵°.•

•.°✵✫✵°.•

So... now you know what Kai was doing whole previous night :'(( </3 and partly what happened to Yeonjun... I mean... yeah, he really disappeared from this fairy world... if he only run away from the car, Kai would definitely find him... 

Now we can heal our broken hearts and listen to these three songs in a row: Thursday's child has far to go, Firework, Chasing that feeling... very good, right??