Memories Lost: Part 2

ابدأ من البداية

"She might be the mutant. We have to be careful." The older girl warns as the aforementioned figure enters the store.

"Eunbi-ssi, we have control of the roof. Make your move now." Officer Hwang suddenly says in her ear.

"You heard him, Hyewon. Let's go."

~~~~

When the couple entered the building, there was no sign of the robbers or the mysterious woman. Eunbi tiptoes towards the cash register and finds that it was untouched. Money wasn't the reason they were there.

"They must be on the second floor. That's where their cybersecurity solutions are stored." Hyewon whispers, pointing towards the elevator which was flashing the said floor. Eunbi nods, turning back towards their police backup and telling them to secure the perimeter while they use the stairs.

After about a minute of tiptoeing up the steps, the duo arrive at their destination. Eunbi slowly creaks open the door to peek inside and finally gets a good look at the thieves.

"Is this what we're looking for, boss?" One of the men asks while pointing at some computer code. At this, the woman from earlier steps into frame and takes a look at the screen.

"No, that's an encryption code, not a decryption code." She says back, smacking the guy in the back of the head.

"Maybe he just forgot." One of the minions mumble, but the woman manages to hear it.

"You think you're funny? We're not paying you to stand around!" She says before taking off her shades and staring right at the guy, the other men averting her gaze. The woman was facing away from Eunbi and Hyewon, so they didn't see what exactly happened. The result though was clear as the man's eyes loll back into his head. After a couple seconds, he shakes his head and looks around in confusion.

"Who are you people? Where am I?" He asks, but the response he gets was a quick punch to the face that knocks him out.

"The rest of you, go back to finding the decryption code!" She orders, prompting everyone to run to the nearest computer and dig through files.

"Okay, from the looks of it, she can wipe memories with a direct stare..." Eunbi notes after carefully shutting the door.

"She also appears to have a bad temper." Hyewon quips. On the inside though, as she processed what happened, there was something about it that felt oddly familiar.

"Here's the plan, Officer Hwang's forces will use the elevator as a distraction for us to attack from this side. When you use your ice though, try not to freeze the computers." The older girl says quietly before communicating the same plan towards their backup downstairs.

A couple moments pass before she hears the rumbling of the elevator moving upwards. On the inside of the room, the voices die down, probably noticing noise as well.

Eventually, a ding signals the police had arrived. The sound of yelling and punching quickly fills the room which prompts Eunbi and Hyewon to make their entrance. The older girl opens the side door and rushes straight towards the mystery woman while Hyewon blasts rays of ice towards the thieves.

"You have the right to remain silent!" Eunbi says after tackling her target to the ground. Inexplicably though, the woman lets out a laugh.

"I was expecting one of you IZ*ONE members to show up eventually, but you and Hyewon? That's just perfect." She replies.

"How do you know who we are?" Eunbi then asks, pressing the woman harder onto the floor.

"How could I not? The pride of the Produce program. What's ironic though is how a normal human like you is hanging out with the ice princess." She scoffs back.