3: Things we see and hear.

The days had dragged on, my classmates' misdemeanors growing more and more bold as the teachers overlooked everything they did. There was also the ever constant sight of them squandering their points.

I am not a person to concern myself with the actions of people like my mediocre classmates but all the small oddities in this school come together to form one huge image worthy of the highest suspicion.

My efforts to investigate had stopped abruptly after my conversation with Ayanokouji on that fateful day. Since then I only tried to glean information about his thoughts or inferences on the matter.

Whether it was because he saw through me and acted accordingly, or that he had no ideas whatsoever, the fact was that I received nothing from him.

It was nearing the end of the month, despite my words at the beginning, here I am, still clueless.

So I decided to bite the bullet and ask for his help.

I am unaware if the answers I'm looking for would even have a long term impact on my life in this school, or if it is just some unethical practices the so-called best high school has been keeping under wraps but the fact that something isn't right is plain for all of us to see.

Right now we were making our way to the first class closest to us. Classes had just ended so they should still be around.

"Hey Horikita, how do you intend to even figure anything out?" Ayanokouji asked.

Of course I had a plan, one that could be considered simple but I doubt something more complex would be needed.

"Simply ask the members of that class how the teachers had been acting towards them, and what things they might have noticed."

She looked at the stone faced boy as he raised an eyebrow.

"What gives you the impression that another class would be willing to help you?" He asked quite an odd question.

I stopped walking.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I don't see any reason for another class to be uncooperative. We weren't enemies after all.

He had taken a few more steps before turning back to answer me.

"Don't worry about it, I wasn't thinking."

What a disagreeable person....

"Alright, please don't waste my time with unnecessary things."

I said in annoyance. I began to walk past him but I couldn't help but notice something unexplainable.

He looked disappointed.

Why?

.

.

"Well here we are, class C." An unnecessary announcement from Ayanokouji as he slid the door open.

"My doubts about this school really being elite are getting stronger at every turn." My thoughts tumbled out of me as I was taken aback by the scene unfolding before my eyes.

A magenta haired boy that gave off the air of a delinquent with his fierce expression and dressing style, sitting on a prone boy who also seemed like a delinquent.

The green haired boy looked miserable in contrast to his tormentor's look of triumph. He looked over at us from his human seat and smiled.

"Well what do we have here? A pretty girl and...?"

He trailed off as he couldn't find any factor about Ayanokouji that stood out.

"That kinda hurt.." The brown haired boy muttered under his breath.