What now

Lefiya was running as fast as she could. She didn't know what had happened between Bell and Cruz, but she knew it had given her a chance to escape.

But again, why? That woman Ein had cut her loose and said run. Why did that woman help her?

Lefiya didn't have time to think about that as she kept running. Monsters were chasing her, but she was ahead of them.

Whether if it was because she was simply outrunning them or they were playing with their food, she didn't know. All she knew were Ice Sabers were hunting her.

Ice Sabers were a sabertooth tiger-like creature. Their fur was white with a floral pattern of blue decorating them. Their fangs were eight inches in length, while their claws were even bigger and sharper.

They hunted in packs and used a chirping sound to communicate. But when making their enemies afraid, they let out deafening howls.

Lefiya was currently being chased by a pack of these monsters. They had spotted her shortly after she started running.

Lefiya's lungs burned, and her legs felt like jelly. But she had to keep running, or else she would die. The air around her was cold, but there wasn't a storm this time.

But she could hear the breaking snow behind her before a claw slashed down her back. She yelled in pain before collapsing to the ground.

An Ice Saber but her leg while another aimed for her neck. Lefiya lifted her arm just in time to hear the bone snap. She screamed in pain once again as another bit her leg.

The pain was agonizing and didn't seem to stop. They just kept biting and scratching her. Blood poured from her wounds, coating the monsters jaws red with blood.

Right when Lefiya thought she was about to die, the pain suddenly went away. Lefiya was too hurt to move, let alone see what happened. But the one thing she did see was the ash of the monsters drifting away.

A red liquid was poured onto her back, and Lefiya felt some of her wounds healing. Once feeling some of the pain subsiding, Lefiya turned her head and saw Revis holding Cruz's corpse.

Her eyes widened in fear, but before she started crying, Revis sat her up. Lefiya whimpered in pain but didn't resist as she couldn't.

Revis set Cruz down before taking another potion and pouring it on her as well. Lefiya started to feel even better as her wounds slowly disappeared.

Once she felt well enough, she spoke. "W-why?"

Revis calmly answered. "Simple, you needed help. Now, I need to start a fire. Do you have any spells that can do that?"

"So Cruz is alive?"

"No, but if you don't hurry, he'll stay dead."

Lefiya quickly snapped out of her stupor before chanting her Fusillade Fallarica. She made sure it was low yield so it didn't turn Cruz's body to ash.

Once the fire was lit, Revis started praying. Lefiya watched in a mixture of shock and awe. Revis kept praying over and over again.

Lefiya didn't know what she was doing but let her do what she needed. If it could save Cruz's life, she wouldn't protest nor try and stop her.

Revis stopped chanting and looked down at Cruz. His body still remained lifeless, causing Revis to sigh in disappointment.

She turned to Lefiya to apologize before Cruz opened his eyes and gasped lungfuls of air. He quickly shot up and started panting.

"What the fuck. How am I alive?"

"That would be my doing," Revis answered.

Cruz's head turned to her, and his eyes widened. "What, how?"