Chapter 21 ➼ Wedding Plans

Start from the beginning

"We can do that! Yes!" he answers me. We excuse ourselves from the crowd of family. Then he offers me his arm to take.

We begin our walk to town. It was warm today. But it sure felt good to be outside. I snuggled up a bit closer to Laurie's side as we walked together.

•✿•

"I can't believe in a few more days we will be together and be married off!" he says thoughtfully to me.

"I can hardly wait! It will be different to be living next door but I'm sure I will get used to it" I reply.

"Are you ready to move in with me?" he wonders.
"Actually I really am! I have been getting rid of my clutter as well. Things that I don't need" I brag to him.

"Sweetheart there is plenty of room for all your things you don't have to get rid of anything at all" he explained to me.
"I know but I wanted to. Spring cleaning kind of thing" I chuckle.

"The bedroom is looking wonderful now that the paints all dried. I bought a new beautiful bed for us" he tells me. "There is a surprise for it but I won't tell you! You can see it all on our wedding night"

"Oh Laurie! You are so sweet!" I tell him.

We walk a bit more as we chat about future plans together. Then we head on home. I find Jo hanging around the Professor and Amy in the attic. Reading something. I see it's my poetry!

"What do you think you are doing?" I yell in anger.

"I was just showing Fredrick your poems is all! Your poetry is amazing I just wanted to share it with him" says Jo. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you in anyway"

"Please next time ask me" I sigh.

"Your work is beautiful and I have read many poetry books over time. I could send these to the same publisher Jo is working with" Fredrick says in his calm thick accent.

"You think my work is that good? I was only writing for pleasure it helps me through my parents death. I find great comfort in poetry" I explain to them both.

"You have a great talent that could be shared with the whole world" he replies.

"Why thank you!" I say as I blush.

"Talent runs in the family" jokes Jo. "What do you say? Will you publish it?"

I take a deep breath. I look out the window. Then think a bit. If my words could bring comfort and help someone else than yes I wanted to do that.

•✿•

I nod. "Yes, I would like to try to publish my work" I decide. "What would I call my book?"

"We can help you with that. And Fredrick can help you send off your work to them" says Jo.

We hug. This was so exciting! I could not believe my poetry was going to be published. Laurie joins us. He had been helping his grandfather.

"What's going on? Why all this excitement?" Asks Laurie.

I explain to him about my work and that we were going to publish my work. I was thrilled and he looks so happy for me. He hugs me.

"Capital!" He exclaims joyfully. We laugh.

"Don't use slang words Laurie" chuckles Jo.

"You are one to talk" teases Amy.

We all laugh and talk about plans. And what I should name my book. I was going to dedicate my book to my parents and to my love Laurie. Maybe I could later write a love poem book for him. Ideas were coming to me. I was getting to think like Jo did.

Not that, that was a bad thing......

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Thanks for reading!

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
мσяє тσ cσмє!!
------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|