Chapter 19 ➼ Wedding Dresses

Chapter 19 ➼Wedding Dresses

Chapter 19 Wedding Dresses

So it turned out he had come back for Jo as I had hoped he would do. Now they were planning on getting married! Now Jo had a wedding of her own to plan.

I could not belive our Jo was going to be getting married. Or even wanted to get married. It was amazing. I was thrilled. And Laurie was fine with it so that made everyone happy. 

I did not get what Jo saw in the Professor but he was nice to Jo. He was loving to her and that was all that mattered to me. That Jo was happy. Meg came in. She had letters for us from Amy.

And news from her. We all joined in the reading room to read over our letters together. We were up in the attick where Meg had something to show me. That was the reading and writing room.

We read over our letters. Amy was coming home for her wedding to! And so was Aunt March.

•✿•

"Grand about Amy coming home. But Aunt March" sighs Jo. "Oh well"

"Aunt March sends you something for your upcoming wedding day in case we get there late but we are hoping to arrive there on time" I read at the end of my letter. "Meg will hand it over to you now"

"This!" Meg announced to me. She grabs a box from under the couch there we were sitting on. 

"What is that? Oh my!" I gasp. I knew what is was. This was the box my mothers wedding dress was in. I grab it then open it up. Tears of joy come to me. "How did you guys do this?" I stammer with joy.

"We had a feeling you were sad about this. Before we went dress hunting" says Meg. "I wrote to Amy and Aunt March asking for the dress"

"Oh you are wonderful!" I laugh as I hug them both. This made me tear up. I was so happy.

"Such a pretty dress" says Jo as I show it to them. I carefully try it on. I was the right size for it. Like my mother on her wedding day to my father.

"It fits like a dream" I gush with joy.

We look at my image in the mirror. The dress shimmered. It was so pretty. It was pefect. I loved it. I saw my mother wear this dress in photos of the wedding day.

Now here I was wearing the dress. I could not beleive it. It felt like my mother was here looking over me. I felt her spirit for the first time in a long time.

It felt good.

•✿

"I think auntie approves in heaven" says Jo.

"You feel her to?" I ask.

Jo nods as they hug me.

"We are all going to be married! Our little family will not be little" I laugh.