Chapter 2 ➼︎ Poetry

[Author Note: I read about these time frames and how they bathed back then

[Author Note: I read about these time frames and how they bathed back then. They stood bathing in rooms. Men often were ones to use the bathrooms. Women preferred to bath in their private rooms. They did not have running water then you'd have to get well water then heat water up to bath. Just interesting facts I learned.]

Dedicated To: cherrystainedstarlet

Chapter 2~Poetry

I woke to a new day. I heard chatting in the kitchen downstairs. I think that Hannah, as well as my aunt and, uncle were cooking us all breakfast. Good smells of yummy food had traveled up the stairs to my nose. My stomach growled.

I did not sleep to badly my first night there. Beth had a very cozy bed. It was not a king size bed with a yellow lace canopy such as the one I grew up with. Sunlight poured into this room through the little bay windows it had. 

The fire had died down in the room now, so it was getting to be a little bit chilly. I get up and saw Meg had prepared a bath for me with heated warm water. I stand up rinsing my body. Getting cleaned up. And I brush through the tangles in my long honey blond hair.

And then get dressed picking out a dress that Amy requested that I wear. She said Laurie would be so impressed to see it on me. Though I was not sure why I needed to impress this, Laurie. The girls talked so much about him the night before. I was looking forward to meeting him.

We had stayed up late in the night up in the March's attic. Jo was so much fun. Meg to. They used to perform Jo's plays for the kids in the neighborhood. I told them I actually performed in plays growing up. Mother owned a little theater in town.

And it was a hobby of ours. When I learned later, I loved art more than I loved acting. I found Jo and I had a lot in common to. We both enjoyed to read and write. Only I just did poems. No romance stories or dark ghost tales as she did.

They told me Laurie even performed in the plays with them. And he had taken them to a play. That was how Meg got to know her fiancée Mr. John Brooke. And they fell in love.