Chapter 1 ➼︎ Ginger Cake!

[Author Note:  In this story Laurie hasn't told his feelings to Jo yet

[Author Note:
In this story Laurie hasn't told his feelings to Jo yet. The wedding to Meg & John happens after Beth died. Jo hasn't left yet to write in New York either. It's my fanfiction so this is the order so your not confused on why it's not exactly like the book]

Dedicated To: LouisaMayAlcott

Chapter 1~Ginger Cake!

I had traveled over from Europe with my aunt March and my cousin Amy March. Amy was planning on marrying a man named Fred Von she knew from back home.

She was no longer going to be a governess. Aunt March taught her well. I never had been to America since I was a child. So, I really do not remember it at all. I was excited to see it. I was sure I was going to be homesick for Europe.

I knew the March's had suffered a great loss. Beth my beloved cousin died. It was so hard with all these terrible hardships hitting our family all at once. My parents had passed away. My dad had died first. Then the illness took over my dear mother.

Thankfully aunt March was over with Amy. They came to see me right away. Aunt March paid for my parents' funeral cost. When I marry I will inherit all my parents money as well as their home over in Europe that now sits empty. Aunt March said I am not a spinster and spinsters live alone.

They took me in. Aunt March says she has no time for me with looking after Miss Amy and her arts. So off I go to the March's. Joesphine is my age. Meg is older than me. Beth and Amy are younger than I am. Amy is such a sweet little thing.

If the rest of the March girls are like she is I know we will get along splendidly. Amy talked a lot about a friend named Laurie. I can not wait to meet her as well. She is my age as well.

The family is close to this Laurie person. Meg is going to be marrying Laurie's tutor Mr. Brooke very soon. When we arrive home. I think we will be there in time for the wedding day. I love weddings.