Trouble

THEO'S POV:

The next day, me, Crystal and Sophia sat on the sofa watching tv half of the day. Barney also lied on the floor in front of us. A movie day with my family. It was amazing to be back with them again because me and Crystal weren't fighting anymore. I couldn't ask for anymore.

I smile and wrap my arm around Sophia's shoulder and she leans against me. I've always loved having my own child. If I adopted, and Crystal said the same, it wouldn't feel right. So we just got it over with and had a kid of our own.

Crystal scrolls on her phone, looking at the tv screen at points, trying to show some interest, even though we were watching a kids show. I lean over and kiss her on the cheek and she giggled slightly. She looks at me and her eye sparkles. But then I notice her scar. The scar across her eye. It fascinates me sometimes, thinking of how she survived her past relationship. She's so strong, and even though she's been through so much, she still shows her love.

She leans on my shoulder and continues scrolling on her phone. I watch her for a while, but then my eyes widen when I notice something pop up on the top of her phone screen. Crystal stares at it for a second herself, before she looks at me and gives me the phone. "Theo. Look." she says as she passes me the phone.

I look at it and read it more closely this time, and my heart drops when I read it. It's a message from Amy.

The message reads: "hello, Theo. I know this might seem a bit weird, but I'm coming to your house. Don't ask why, I'll explain everything."

I roll my eyes and glance back at Crystal. "What could she possibly want?" I ask as if she'd know the answer. Crystal shrugs her shoulders.

"Do you want me to message her back?" She takes back her phone from my hands and clicks on the message. "Or should I just leave her on read?"

I sigh for a moment, as I think. Why would Amy want to visit, anyway? Why does she want to see me? And why was she messaging Crystal instead of me?

I continue thinking for a while but then I scratch my head, and rub Sophia's arm as she continues to watch the tv, not having a care in the world of what's going on around her. She just wanted to watch LadyBug saving the world in Paris.

I shrug to Crystal and read the message once again. I then sigh, and reply "I don't know.. I guess we can see what she wants.." I say this hesitantly, and Crystal can see it on my face

"But you hate Amy, Theo. Are you sure?" she asks, as she looks me straight in the eye. She can always tell when I'm uneasy about something. I don't know how she does it, but I like it.

I hurdle one of my leg on top of the other. "Yeah, I mean.. She isn't exactly the type to go away when you beg her. She's always been like that, so I say just let her and see what bullsh-" Crystal gives me a glare and my eyes widen when I realise what I'm saying. Sophia is sat right beside me. "What kind of stupid things she wants to say, yeah." I nod softly and smile as if I wasn't about to say what I was.

After a while, Crystal goes to the kitchen to make some popcorn, and I stay in the living room with Sophia, scrolling on facebook. I update my profile picture to a picture of all of us on that day out to the zoo. The picture includes Toby and Todd, too. I smile as I then continue scrolling on facebook. My smile quickly fades when I hear a knock at the door. It has to be Amy.

I see Crystals head pop out of the kitchen. "Is that her, Theo?" she asks.

"I don't know yet. I'll have a look through the window." I reply, as I get up and look through the living room window which I could see the front door at, and there, there she is, standing outside our front door. Amy. But there's also another guy higher up our path. I squint my eyes and notice he has black hair and a black turtle neck. He looks a bit like that guy Crystal told me about when her and Amy had a fight at Tesco.

I shout back into the kitchen and sigh. "Yep! It's her." I then look through the window again and grab my tea off the side. "I don't think she's gonna leave unless I answer it."

Crystal walks back in with the popcorn and she looks out of the window with me. She sighs as well. "Just answer it then, I guess. But I'm gonna be standing right behind you just incase." She then turns to Sophia who is sat on the sofa with her blanket. "Stay here and watch telly, okay Sophia?"

Sophia nods and replies without turning her head. "Okay mummy!" She pats the sofa and Barney jumps up to sit with her on the sofa. He licks her face and she laughs.

I then smile at Crystal and we both open the door to our porch. Crystal was still wearing her pyjamas and I was wearing my lazy outfit. Oh well, it was Sunday anyway.

I see Amy through the porch window and she turns to look at us, before she smiled weakly at us. I glance back at Crystal and she motions for me to open the door, so I do.

I seem kind of hesitant and angry when I open the door, but in reality, I'm kind of scared of what Amy's got in mind, with what she did to Crystal last time. She gave her a black eye and it took a while to heal.

I take a deep breath and take my hand off the door handle. "Umm. Amy? You- You wanted to talk to me about something?" I say, staring at her, my eyes narrowed.

She sighs, looking down at her black heels. I still don't understand why she wears these type of outfits when she isn't going anywhere. It must be an Amy thing..

She looks up from her shoes after a couple of moment and nods at me. "Yeah- Uh.. I just wanted to talk to you about something, Theo." she states, a guilty look on her face. But her expression seems to change when she notices Crystal standing behind me. She seems to frown a bit.

"Yeah, what is it then?" asks Crystal. She has a firm voice at this point. She knows all about my past with Amy, and she's still not happy at all with her.

Amy stares at her uneasily and I can tell she doesn't like Crystal either, as if she was jealous even though we broke up years ago now. "Can you just- leave? Please? I want to speak to Theo alone." she says after a few moments, glancing at me as if asking me to back her up.

I glance back at Crystal and she looks a bit agitated now, so I grab her hand and give her a nod, and she takes a deep breath. "Fine." she says, faking a smile. "But Theo will be telling me all about it later, okay?" She then rolls her eyes agitatedly and closes the door, walking back into the living room with Sophia.

I turn back to Amy and sigh, crossing my arms. I don't really want to speak to her, but she won't leave unless I do. "What do you want, Amy?"

She stays quiet for another few moments as she stares at her shoes, thinking of how to word it to me. She bites her lip gently and then looks up at me again, her green eyes sparkling, with both guilt and evil.

"I just- Ugh. It's so hard to say, because I know you're still gonna hate me but - I'm sorry."

My eyes widen and I stare at her in shock for a moment. I raise an eyebrow and take a step back. "Sorry?" I say, as if I didn't hear her.

"I said I'm sorry." she repeats.

"Yeah, I know what you said, but are you being serious right now?" I ask her. I have anger in my voice now.

So she ruins my mental health and my whole life, with no remorse, just to wait years to tell me she's sorry? No, I don't think so. She's pissed me off now.

"Yeah.. Why wouldn't I be being serious?" she asks me with an innocent look on her face. I only now just notice she's holding a red handbag with her. I can see a lollipop inside it. It reminds me of that time she saw me with Crystal in the car park for the first time.

I have a feeling this isn't going to end well..