"Hey." Alphard catches his eye. "Calm down."

Radalphus is fixated on Hermione, who is oblivious to any offense she may have caused Lestrange. However, she detects a hint of resentment or similar negative emotions in his gaze.

"Come on Alphard, where's the fun?" Rosier queries.

"Why are you doing this, Alp?" Araminta chimes in, while Dolohov chuckles lightly.

"Guys..." Alphard admonishes them, but they back Lestrange's decision, whatever it may have been, with most of them now in agreement.

"That's enough," Abraxas declares, but is unable to finish his sentence as the classroom door opens and Tom walks in, with Nott trailing behind him.

With Tom's appearance, everyone takes a moment to move away from each other, including Hermione, who returns to the window. Lestrange sighs and holsters his wand. Araminta takes a seat and examines her nails. Avery, Rosier and Malfoy regroup, whilst Dolohov leans against Araminta's desk. Alphard lowers his head and massages his forehead with his fingers to ease the sudden headache.

"It's not going to end well," he predicts.

As Tom approaches, the commotion comes to a halt. His analytical gaze falls on everyone in the classroom, but ends when his focus stops on Hermione, who is in the far corner.

"What a pleasant atmosphere." Ironised Nott, with one eyebrow raised.

Tom passes most of them, but stops when he hears Araminta's words.

"Why is she present, Riddle?" Araminta has the impudence to ask the inquiry that everybody desires, but lacks the courage to pronounce. Furthermore, she is a tad oppressive, as evidenced by her continued inspection of her nails. "Why is she here after attacking my cousins?" Araminta maintains eye contact with Tom, exhibiting no sign of being shaken.

Tom initially ignores Araminta as her behaviour unsettles him, leading him to believe that it may be necessary to firmly suppress her rebellious spirit before it becomes a problem.

"She's one of us," he utters the same phrase he used on the Hogwarts Express. He then turns his attention to Hermione, challenging her, "Isn't that right, Miss Granger?"

Hermione quickly scans the faces around her, who now regard her like a test subject, before finally responding,

"I-I suppose so." The initial stammering is attributed to the palpable tension and nervousness in the room. "However, would you kindly provide a definition of 'being with you'?"

Tom's sarcastic reaction, as he crosses his arms, follows the latest remark.

""She's not with us," Lestrange emphasises. Dolohov is about to interject but hesitates when Tom silences both him and Lestrange with a stern glance.

Hermione acknowledges her unwelcome presence among the members of the Black family, who find it reprehensible to share a room with her after the incident in the Slytherin Common Room. Dolohov is recognized as an enemy, and somehow she has incurred Lestrange's enmity.

Upon Professor Slughorn's arrival, everyone assumes a guise of exemplary conduct. Pre-established pairs leave Hermione isolated until Tom mutters something to Nott, who nods before sitting with Malfoy and Avery, vacating the space next to Tom.

Tom observes Hermione still standing, beckons her over with his index finger and notices her swallowing before taking slow steps towards the desk. She takes off her cross-body bag with great care, and sits down next to him, sorting through her materials methodically. He observes that she is extremely systematic, but he is too.