"Ouch, tag out." Seth muttered.

"Okay, it's true that Ryan and Lindsay hid their relationship but so did Seth and I at first, you know."

"That's different. At least you two told us." Kirsten said.

"You three screwed up, so you come straight home from school, alright?"

"Yes." Ryan said, and Seth and I nodded. I guess we were getting punished by association.

~~~~
When we got home after school, it was apparent that Sandy and Kirsten were upset with each other.

Sandy was sitting on the couch drinking a beer and Kirsten wasn't anywhere in sight.

"How're you kids?"

"How are you?" I asked him, seeing his state.

"Well, my wedding anniversary weekend is officially ruined."

"How can we help?" Ryan asked suddenly and Seth and I turned to Sandy as he smiled slightly at us.

~~~~
Seth, Ryan and I now sat at the dinner table. We had planned a nice surprise for Kirsten, except she had no idea just how surprising the night would be.

We were going to be watched by some officers who were then going to tell Sandy and Kirsten that we got away, which would lead them to the Bait Shop, where there was a huge anniversary party waiting for them.

Kirsten now sat at the counter, and Seth, Ryan and I did our homework and tried not to look suspicious.

"There she is, all day I've been looking for this beautiful woman. Happy Anniversary." Sandy said, kissing Kirsten on the cheek as he walked in.

"Happy Anniversary." Kirsten told him unenthusiastically.

"So come on, let's go get ready." Sandy urged.

"Get ready for what?"

"My dear maybe you've forgotten but today is our twentieth anniversary and I'm taking you to the Arches."

"You've got to be kidding."

"Look, I know what you're worried about. Never fear, I hired some babysitters."

Kirsten looked at Sandy in surprise.

"Fellas!" Sandy called and then two officers walked in.

"Joe, Tim. Two of Orange County's finest. We've been friends since I worked the PD's office."

"Evening Mrs. Cohen. The kids will be safe with us. Happy Anniversary." Joe told Kirsten.

Seth, Ryan and I feigned worry and shared a look.

~~~~

I stood beside Seth and Ryan on the stage at the Bait Shop in the darkness. "They're here." Seth whispered as we heard footsteps and the door open.

"Okay everyone. 3, 2,1.." I whispered.

The light flooded back into the room as everyone yelled, "Surprise!"

I looked up at the railing to see Kirsten smiling and looking stunned and Sandy looking very proud of himself.

"So we're here tonight to celebrate the marriage of Kirsten and Sandy Cohen." Ryan spoke into the microphone and everyone cheered.

Sandy and Kirsten made their way down the stairs and towards the stage.

"Yeah and we all owe them so much, I think, because if they never married then they never would've had me and think of what all you people would be missing out on." Seth said, taking the microphone from Ryan.

"That's very touching. So, we'd like to take a moment and say thanks for everything. I don't know where we'd be without you." I told Kirsten and Sandy, taking the microphone from Seth.

"And apologize." Ryan added, placing his arm around Seths shoulder and Seth placed his arm around mine.

"For everything because here's the thing, the fact that your marriage can survive the three of us is truly inspiring." Seth joked.

"To Sandy and Kirsten!" I called, lifting up my drink. Everyone else did the same and I smiled as I saw the huge grin on Kirsten's face.

"So now for the evenings main attraction..." I stated, handing the microphone to Seth.

"Yeah, I don't know how many of you people know this, but back in the day, Sandy Cohen could cut a pretty sweet tune. In fact, he was Danny Zuko in the original U.C. Berkeley production of Grease." Seth told the audience.

"So now, appearing live at the Bait Shop for one night only, Sandy Cohen and the News!" I called, then smiled and stepped off the stage with Seth and Ryan.

I cheered along with the crowd as Sandy took the microphone from the stand.

"Well, first of all, before we start, I want to thank my kids, Seth, Ryan and Ally. And also a new friend of the family, who helped with this evening quite a lot, Alex."

I looked back at Alex and smiled at her. She smiled back slightly.

"Well, I guess we ought to start fellas. I'd like to dedicate this song to the love of my life, and I hope maybe in another twenty years, she might forgive me for this."

The song began and I was surprised when Sandy started to sing. Seth wasn't lying. He really could hold a tune.

I smiled as I saw Ryan went to dance with Lindsay. I guessed Kirsten gave them her blessing. I glanced over at Kirsten and walked over.

"Happy Anniversary. I didn't know Sandy could sing like that."

"Don't let him hear you say that." Kirsten joked and I grinned.

"So, Lindsay and Ryan, huh?"

"It's going to take some getting used to, but they really like each other. I can tell." Kirsten told me. I smiled and glanced at them, then at Seth standing not too far away.

"Why don't you ask him to dance?"

"I-"

Seth walked over then and I smiled at him. "Wanna dance?"

"Sure." I said, glancing back at Kirsten for a moment to see her smiling.

As Seth and I danced, I thought of how this could be us someday. Maybe Seth and I were like Kirsten and Sandy. Maybe, like them, we'd always find our way back to each other.