15. Dumbledore's Army

The competition will be announced next chapter, thank you for all your entries and it is still open for anyone, who wishes to submit a cover, every cover submitted will be used as a banner for each of the remaining chapters. I am typing this on my iPod because my computer is in Hungary and I am in Belgium so yeh, but I wanted to update because you guys are the absolute awesomest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna's P.O.V

Flurries of snow swirled around our faces as the four of us trudged our way slowly down the icy path towards Hogsmede, many students had simply decided to run as quickly as they could through the harsh weather but we were the smart ones, we used magic.
"Hey guys," I started, deciding that now was probably the time to ask them to come with me to the Hog's Head for the meeting with Harry, Ron and Hermione, being in Ravenclaw and all, I knew they would be a valuable addition to the group, and trustworthy.
All three of them turned towards me, shoulders hunched to keep the wind from blasting into their faces.
"Can we take a detour to the Hog's Head quickly before we go to Honeydukes?" Confusion appeared on their faces at my strange request, I was, after all, asking them to accompany me to one of the seediest and grungiest bars for no apparent reason in the middle of winter.
"Uh...I guess...can we ask why?" Jezzy asked, shivering as an icy blast flew into us.
"Well, it seems that the golden trio (our code name for Harry, Ron and Hermione) have hatched a plan to fix the 'Umbridge' situation." I explained, knowing they would understand my terminology.
"Well the Hog's Head is then." I smiled at Alex as he said this and he smiled back. I could feel the tinge of pink seeping onto the cold porcelain skin of my cheeks, so I quickly turned away and buried my face into my thick orange and red scarf.

Way to go, Anna, why do you blush at the drop of a hat?

The outside of the Hog's head was deserted and when I looked at my watch, I saw that we were ten minutes late. Oh well, they'd still be here. I pushed open the heavy wooden door and shuffled inside the dingy old pub with Jaz, Jace and Alexander trailing behind me. When I came in, I was only expecting to see about ten students, yet fifty or more greeted me. I was surprised to say the least. Hermione was more persuasive than I gave her credit for.

The rough wooden floor of the pub was caked with an inch of mud and grime and the man at the bar looked as if he had never housed this many people in his bar before. I wasn't surprised, who in their right mind would come here when the Three Broomsticks was only a short walk away?
Focussing back on those just in front it seemed that we came in right when Harry was in the middle of a rant so we only caught the end of it.
"-so if you've come here to hear about Cedric's death, you may as well clear out. The real life is not like the class room. At school, if you make a mistake, you can get up and try again, but when you're actually out there, it's life or death and there are no second chances."

Was that really what it was like? I had always been good under pressure but if it was against You-Know-Who, then I don't know what I'd do. Could I kill my own father if it ever came to that? Will it ever come to that?
"What is she doing here?" I looked up to see a third year pointing at me in disdain. I frowned at his rudeness.
"She's here because she wants the same thing we do." Hermione said, and I shot her a look of appreciation for standing up for me.
"Yeh? And what's that?"
"Peace," I spoke up. " Peace and safety for the wizarding world." Many people were nodding along with me but a few were still glaring at me disbelieving.
"So you're saying that you would work secretly against your own father to take him down?" I think his name was Seamus from my year asked.
"Anna is not a bad person! Can you stop it and just believe us when we say that we are here to learn how to defend ourselves."
My friends stepped forward from behind me and Jezzy was the one to speak.
People looked down at the floor not saying anything else against the three most popular people in the school who were on my side. I gave them all a thankful smile which they returned.
"Right, so has anyone got any questions?"
"Where are we going to do this?" Asked a fourth year who looked about as tall as a giraffe. Is that even normal?
The golden trio all exchanged a look and I mentally face-palmed at their lack of preparation. They hadn't even thought about it.
"We haven't worked that out yet, but when we do, you'll all receive a message." Everyone nodded, before we left, we were asked to sign our names on a list to ensure secrecy an loyalty towards the group.
So that was the beginning of 'Dumbledore's Army.'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~