From behind the counter, a woman who had long purple hair and looked to be a bit older than the man behind the counter, approached him and whispered something. The man nodded as the two continued to watch from afar. People noticed the two unknowns arguing which then rapidly turned to shouting. Just as Macaria thought the situation wouldn't get any worse, everything escalated the moment a wind and electric orb appeared in their hands.

"Stop, stop, stop!" Macaria shouted as she threw herself in between the two without thinking. Just as she did, the man quickly leaped over the counter just as a blue- purple aura surrounded his body. He then quickly snapped his fingers; he moved so the fast the human eye couldn't track his movements.

Ghostly looking roman numerals ranging from one to twelve appeared in a circle, just like a clock, for a moment in front of Natsuki and Klein. Then the man suddenly appeared behind Macaria, and quickly wrapped his arms around her and pulled her away from the two. Just as this happened, Natsuki and Klein were frozen in place. The elemental orbs in Klein and Natsuki's hands were inches away from each other.

It took Macaria several moments to register anything that had happened. The man that had pulled her away released her and shot an angry look at the other two who were still frozen in place. "I've had enough, I want you both out of my store! There are other places where you can do this, this is not one of them, do you understand?" he asked in an irritated tone. He waited a few moments before he raised his hand and snapped his fingers which caused Natsuki and Klein to unfreeze and stumble a bit.

"Alight, that's fair." Natsuki said in a low voice for them to hear.

"Yeah, sorry," Klein mumbled while avoiding eye contact.

"Good," the man said before turning around to face Macaria who was now sitting in a chair trying to process everything that had just happened. "Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, I think so," she responded feeling confused.

"I froze the two in place before I increased my speed to pull you out of there. I can tell you're not an unknown, why would you throw yourself between an attack like that?" he asked before a wave of dizziness came over him. He took a step back and shook his head as if he could dispel the dizziness before covering his face with his hand and quickly disappeared into the backroom behind the counter. "Don't worry about him," the woman behind the counter began, "Simon will sometime become dizzy when he switches from an extreme time freeze to a speedy time skip too fast. It's a nice skill to have, but having such an odd yet unique skill can take a toll on him."

"I see," Macaria said slowly remembering how Simon saved her. She had never seen anyone use magic like that before. Usually, unknown abilities fall under one of nine elements, what element did Simon's fall under?

The sight of Natsuki's missing bag quickly snapped her from her thoughts as she looked around for her and Klein. They had both already stepped outside and seemed to be having a calm discussion now. Macaria turned to thank the woman and to thank Simon on her behalf, but when she looked back, the woman had already disappeared. Instead of waiting for her to return, Macaria returned to her seat and began to pack away her belongings. As she did this, she could feel eyes watching her as whispers about the scene began to fill the room.

She slipped her purple and black backpack onto her shoulders and pushed open the door causing the bell above it to ring. The ringing from the bell caught Natsuki's and Klein's attention. Embracement appeared on their faces the moment they made eye contact with her. "We're sorry with what happened earlier," Natsuki apologized.

"I don't know what got into me. I don't normally get so heated that fast," Klein said.

Macaria shook her head, "Don't worry about it. Nobody got hurt and nothing was destroyed. Sounds like we're not ban for life."

"Yet," Klein muttered under his breath.

Natsuki looked over her shoulder, "You want to repeat that?" she snapped as electric sparks began jumping from her hands.

"Well, it's getting late, and I don't feel like being the next victim to appear in a news story, I'm off," Klein said before he spun around and started down the sidewalk. The streetlamps started to turn on one by as the sun continued to sink behind the horizon turning the sky to a warm orange.

Macaria slipped her backpack off her shoulders and kneeled on the ground as she started to dig through her backpack for her jacket. "I can walk home by myself. I wouldn't want you to walk me home since you live in the opposite direction," she began as she zipped up her jacket and reached for her backpack.

A surprised look came across Natsuki's face, "Are you sure? It's nearly dark! How are you going to defend yourself if something happens? I'm fine with the extra steps. Plus, it's my fault we were out this late."

"I can defend myself, remember, I got this!" Macaria reached into her pocket and pulled out a pocketknife. She then quickly flicked out the blade and showed it to Natsuki.

"Alright, then I'll- "Natsuki began before Macaria suddenly cut her off.

"I can still walk myself home! It'll be fine, I'll give you a call if something happens, alright? I'll text you once I'm home. If I call, I need you imminently, if I text, I made it home, got it?"

Natsuki sighed, she knew this was a battle she couldn't win, "Fine. But please be careful. Even if you think someone is following you or if someone gives you an odd look, call me."

"I will, good night!" Macaria said beforeturning around and started to walk down the street. Natsuki watched as shestood at the end of the sidewalk with a group of people who were waiting tocross the street. Once the light changed and the crowd started moving, shecontinued to watch until Macaria turned down a different street and disappearedbehind a building. She wanted to follow her, but she convinced herselfeverything would be alright and began to start her walk home.