Chapter 04

Soonie to his Hoonie

"We'll just go there, act like a loving couple and kick their asses," Soonyoung cheered as he threw his fist in the air as if he had just won the world cup, making the other customers of the cafe look at him with a displeased look. "Really, Soonyoung!!" Jihoon said slamming his hands on the table, loud enough for people near their table to hear.

Soonyoung sat back down on his chair, sulking like a little kid who just got scolded for wanting a candy. Jihoon also calmed himself down, rubbing his temple with his finger as he saw the cute pout on the other boy. "Soonyoung," he called out who looked at him like a lost puppy with his slanted eyes.

"We've been here in this cafe for more than thirty minutes and we need to meet your friends in less than thirty minutes and we've got nothing, literally nothing," he calmly said as he patted the other boy's hand which was resting on the table. Soonyoung didn't know why but the touch was enough to calm his nerves down while filling his stomach with some fuzzy feelings that he had never felt in his entire life.

"So, let's start with the basics, I guess," Jihoon suggested as he removed his hand from the top of the other's before grabbing his phone from his pocket. Soonyoung felt a bit cold as the warm feeling was lost but regardless he nodded towards the other who flashed him a small smile before scrolling something on his phone.

"So, google says, couples always have nicknames for each other," he noted, looking at the older boy who had a disbelief look in his eyes. "What?" he asked, sipping on his drink, a bit irritated by the other's expression as he hated to have attention on himself. "You never dated someone!!" Soonyoung whisper shouted, enough for only Jihoon to hear who spitted a bit of his drink on the other boy.

Jihoon apologized, quickly handing him some tissue papers for the other boy to clean himself. "I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, Jihoon. I swear. I was just a bit startled," Soonyoung quickly added as he tried to clean his shirt. "It's okay. I get that a lot anyway," Jihoon reassured the older boy as he again sipped on his drink.

It was pure silence after that as Soonyoung didn't have the courage to look at the younger in the eyes. "But what did you achieve even after dating? NOTHING," Jihoon retorted sarcastically after a few seconds, catching the other boy off guard who suddenly started laughing out loud, vibrating in a continuous motion. Jihoon didn't know why but the scene in front of him melted his heart, so slowly as his lips curled up into a beautiful smile.

"So true, Jihoonie," Soonyoung said after catching his breath, catching the younger off guard as he blushed slightly because of the nickname he was given. "Oh, wait," Soonyoung started acting as if he had just solved the hardest puzzle. "Jihoonie it is," he added, flashing his 10:10 smile, making the other redden more with every passing second.

Jihoon himself was so sure that if someone else had called him by that cringey nickname he would have slaughtered his head then and there in a single blow. But he didn't know why he couldn't protest when the slanted eyed boy called him that. Moreover, he kinda liked how his name rolled out effortlessly from the other's mouth even though he couldn't identify the fuzzy feelings inside his stomach.

"Ahem," Jihoon cleared his throat, trying to hide his blush, "So what should I call you?" "Whatever you like, Jihoonie. I don't mind," Soonyoung shrugged with a cheeky smile as he leaned towards the other to clearly see the red cute cheeks. It didn't take Jihoon much longer before he could clearly make out what the other boy was doing. He smirked as he leaned towards the other boy, locking his eyes with the slanted one. Because, two could always play this game, right?

"How about calling you Soonie baby?" he said winking at the older who choked entirely on his saliva, blushing like a teenage girl. Jihoon laughed out loud, throwing his head backwards. Soonyoung pouted as he patted his own squishy cheeks to hide his blush but smirked as an idea crossed his mind.

"Whatever you say, Hoonie baby"

All the other people could see after that was a little boy having a coughing fit while a slightly taller boy rubbed his back in continuous motion who was trying to muffle his own chuckles.