"By the way, I read an article this morning that you recently went to Paris with Sweet Treble. I can't believe you're still dating her. It's been what... three or four months?"

"Two and a half months."

"Wow. That's a record in your dating history." He chuckled, "you must really like her, huh?"

"Of course. She's an amazing woman."

"I agree," he laughed maliciously, "but honestly man, it's hard to believe that you're seriously into her after she ruined your reputation on live TV. You told me how much you hated her immensely for doing that. And knowing you too well, you would never let it pass. Anyone who crosses you should pay."

He had a point, though. I, as Sebastian, would tolerate no one who messed up with me. Sweet's case was not an exception either, but feelings overrule and I lost control.

So, it is what it is.

"We're human beings. We change and get rid of our bad habits. Besides, how can I hate her? I'm very attracted to her from the beginning. She's beautiful inside and out."

"You're immune to beautiful girls, man. They have surrounded you since you were born." His eyebrows rose questioningly, "isn't it because you have an ulterior motive? You want her to pay for what she did to you?"

My forehead furrowed, puzzled. Why would he say such a thing? Does he know about my revenge plan on Sweet?

My lips pressed together tightly. Impossible. He won't know. Who would ever tell him?

"What are you talking about, man? Of course not." I shook my head vigorously.

"Well, that was just my opinion," he shrugged his shoulders, "anyway, join us after the party this Saturday, okay? I'll tell the entire gang."

Before I could say no again, he had already left.

Now, I'm more determined to tell Sweet about my revenge plan, before she'd hear it from someone else.

***

Wednesday afternoon, I picked my sister Luna from her dormitory. Anyway, it was mandatory for her to be home on Wednesday night for our regular family dinner.

"What do you have in there?" I asked when she entered my car. She was holding a huge black leather bag and a small painting canvas.

"My stuff," she answered blankly.

"I mean, that canvas."

"My gift for mom, on her birthday. I haven't finished it yet." She pursed her lips, then asked, "Did you get something for her?"

"Yeah. The same as usual, a limited edition Hermes bag."

She pushed her bag, and painting canvas at the back of my car, then settled herself comfortably.

Luna has a keen eye on detail, which made her an excellent painter. Yes, she got her talent in art painting from grandpa Kristov. She also had a strange personality, from the influence of vampire novels and movies. Her taste varies from any normal person, some bad, but some were exceptional, like in choosing jewelry. It was the reason we bonded that scorching afternoon.

"Why won't you pick it yourself?" Her forehead creased. "You rarely ask my opinion."

"Of course, I'll choose the jewelry, but I need your opinion. You're very good at looking at stones and gems."

"I had no choice but to study those pieces to kill my time. It trapped me inside the family's jewelry room on the eve of my thirteenth birthday."

"Yeah, I remember." I chuckled. She kept on hiding there when she had tantrums as a kid and ended up trapped with the automatic lock malfunctioned.

I started my car and was about to drive off when I saw a young man walking towards the car in front of us. It was Sweet's brother, Colton.

"Wait. Sweet's brother is here. I'll just say hi," I said to Luna, and she grabbed my arm.

"No, you're not. I hate that guy. He's a monster."

My eyebrows rose, and teased her, "I thought you like monsters, werewolves and vampires."

"Not that kind of obnoxious, arrogant monster, ugh! Come on, drive off before I change my mind and leave you here."

"Okay, fine." I drove the car, then turned to the main road, heading to our destination. "But you have to tell me why you hate Colton. What did he do to you?"

She looked heavenward. "He's a bully."

"He bullied you?" My forehead furrowed. "I should tell Sweet about it. That's not good."

"No-no. I just can't stand him, okay? We disliked each other and talking about him just ruined my day. Period."

"Okay, so be it. But if you need someone to listen, you know I'm here for you. Anytime." I tapped her head, and she shoved my hand away.

Later, we arrived at a jewelry store. The Sales attendant showed all their store's priceless pieces of gems and stones.

"We have to narrow your options," Luna said firmly. "First, your purpose. Is it for her birthday? An achievement gift..."

"I'm going to ask her to become my girlfriend."

Her eyes grew enormous in surprise. "oh, really Seb?" Suddenly doubtful, her eyes narrowed, "are you running a fever or some kind of virus? This is not you!"

"I'm serious, Luna."

Her eyes melted as she gazed at me. "I'm so happy for you. Finally, you're having a girlfriend, for the first time."

"Yeah, that's why this is going to be very special."

Her hands clasped together in front of her mouth, then shook her head in disbelief.

"Sweet had your icy heart melted. I'm so glad she changed you. You got the Stavrakos' romantic bone in your body, after all. Just like Dad and Grandpa Kristov."

"Come on, stop staring at me peculiarly, like I just transformed into a human. Help me choose a gift for Sweet." I looked at the jewelry in front of us. "Should I get her a ring, a bracelet or a necklace?"

Her eyebrows rose, looking at the pieces of precious stones and gems.

"Do you think Sweet will like any of these? What do you think she would like to wear all the time?"

Something struck me. Those jewelries wouldn't attract her that much for now. There was something I knew she would really want to have.