It was indeed a success. My parents were super proud, and the board of directors trusts and respects me again. I'm so close to making my dream a reality. To take the reins of the CEO.

The lunch with Mr. Takahashi and my grandparents at the Japanese restaurant was amazing. They were the same age and had similar interests. I just listened to their stories and had a blast with my food.

My grandparents told their love story and Mr. Takahashi was all ears.

"Your love story is straight out of a rom-com. It was very entertaining." Mr. Takahashi nodded in approval, then he started telling us how his love for butterflies started.

His attendance in an educational tour in a butterfly conservatory in Japan marked the beginning. His wife helped as a volunteer there. Since then, he'd go to the conservatory every weekend to see her, at first, faking his love for butterflies, until he caught on. That's where their love story began, and he developed a passion for butterflies.

***

I went back to the office with a big grin after lunch. Before I even got comfortable at my desk, Mom barged in.

"We're beyond proud of you, speechless, really. How did you convince Mr. Takahashi to come? It's nearly impossible to catch that man," she settled on the chair across from me.

"I didn't. It was Sweet."

"You mean Sweet Treble?" Mom raised her eyebrows.

"Yup. I couldn't have done it without her help. She was the one who did the research on Mr. Takahashi's butterfly collection hobby."

"Oh. She did?"

"My staff totally slacked off on researching him because he's like a ghost online, never does interviews, and keeps his personal life locked away. Sweet figured it out by putting two and two together."

"That's pretty smart."

"I agree. She felt bad I lost the deal because I joined Dansville's potato festival instead of getting ready for my meeting with Mr. Takahashi that she offered to help."

"Oh, I see."

"I changed our date to Sunday because of a meeting, but then I saw her on TV with her ex-boyfriend and got confused. I was so angry and jealous that I just said screw it and went to Dansville to spend the day with her. You know, that feeling of fighting for the girl you really want."

"Come on, Sebastian. I know you care for her, but you should have waited and did what you had to do because the entire board of directors trusted you."

"I'm sorry. I got overwhelmed with my emotions. I never felt like that with anyone before."

Her expression suddenly softened. "You must like her a lot."

"I do. That's why I want you to like her, because she's really an amazing girl."

"I know she's amazing. She wouldn't get too many followers if she's not. I just can't forget how she exposed you on live TV. She should have done it differently, calmly."

"She made a mistake, so did I. My wrongdoings triggered her. I stood her up three times, and she knew my emergencies were hooking up with girls."

"That was a wicked thing to do to someone. You should have been honest with her. You didn't want to be interviewed."

"I should have." I leaned back in my chair, my fingers drumming on my desk, thinking. "I have something to tell you, Mom. I know you'll be very disappointed in me, but you ought to know the truth."

Curious, she shifted her position on the chair, ready to listen.

"What is it?"

"You know Sweet's family is in the potato business, right?"