Breaking Mind and Bones

Start from the beginning

"Kaneki, can you get us up there?" Amei quickly asked, gesturing to the bridge above. "With your kagune."
"Eh? But there's people around here!" Kaneki exclaimed, looking around. there weren't that many people and cars, but still he was uncertain.
"Here, take this on then." Amei took a mask out of her jacket and pushed it into Kaneki's chest. A bit confused he took the mask. It was similar like the one he got from Uta, it was black and had teeth. The difference was, that there wasn't an eyepatch and it had a jagged beak. It reminded Kaneki of Kenji's kakuja mask.
Kaneki took it on and looked around. Only a few people.
"We have to hurry, Kenji has probably sensed Tokube by now, so there's a high chance he's trying to break free."
Amei stepped closer to Kaneki, who took a hold of her and jumped up. He crawled up the column of the bridge with his kagune. It was first now Kaneki really took notice of some dark circles under Amei's eyes.
"Stop." Amei quickly said, before Kaneki reached the highway. "Let me look how the traffic is."
Kaneki raised her body up with one tentacle, the others digging into the bridge. Amei carefully looked over the edge of the wall. She saw the van, police cars in front and behind it. Farther ahead she could see the long trail of cars beginning to move. It seemed that whatever had happened farther away was cleared, so the traffic could move on.
Amei decided that they follow the van, until there's some space between the van and the common cars. Kaneki was a bit puzzled to why they did that, but he just listened to Amei.
Soon enough, it was just the van and the police cars.
"Set me on top of the wall, Kaneki. I'll deal with the van and the car behind it, you deal with the one in front." Amei sternly said with serious eyes. Kaneki did as she told. Both of them ran beside the van, when Amei suddenly jumped in front of the van and got hit.
"Eh?" Kaneki muttered, as the van screeched over the road, tilting onto its side. The police car behind it crashed into the side wall.
Kaneki stood, looking at Amei, laying on the road. Her upper body and lower body connected with bloody intestines.
"If she can break that easily, she must be a human, right?" Kaneki thought, beginning to feel uneasy. "And I didn't even notice?"
Kaneki felt conflicted. He was stumbling with his feet, going nearer to Amei.
"Amei?" Kaneki whispered, knowing he wouldn't get a response.
Doesn't Kenji owe her a lot? Then why did she just...
"Tokube... Tokube, why did she just--" Kaneki breathing picked up. "why did sh-"
A bullet flew past Kaneki. He looked over at the van and police car. There were soldiers, some wounded from the impact. Kaneki could hear a familiar voice from the van.
But he didn't care. He wanted to know why Amei killed herself. She stopped the van, but Kaneki would've never thought she'd do it like that. Did he do something wrong? Did Amei tell him to do something with the van when she jumped in front of it?
Kaneki once again stumbled with his feet, holding his head.
"It wasn't my fault." He mumbled. Tokube noticed that Kaneki was beginning to act oddly. It was like Kenji, when he'd go crazy. For Tokube she'd just do what Kenji'd say, but this was Kaneki. Tokube felt it was wrong.
"Kaneki, it's okay." Tokube said inside his head.
"Okay? How can this be okay? Amei's your friend, right?" Kaneki questioned, shaking his head, while his kagune shielded him from the bullets.
"Kaneki, you have to become calm, Amei is--" Tokube tried to do something, but she never had tried calming Kenji down.
"Calm down?" Kaneki's voice was shaking. "I can't. Amei just- I could've done something."
Kaneki's kagune began acting weird and growing onto his face, covering half of the mask he had on.
"I- I can still save Kenji... "
Kaneki had a wide grin.

---

Shinohara had no luck in finding Juuzou, while driving around. But he soon met Marude.
"Shinohara, that little brat of yours took my motorcycle." Marude scoffed. "But sadly, there's other problems to worry about. White Crow's transport has been attacked."
"What?!" Shinohara was bewildered. "Juuzou's probably heading that way, he wants to talk with White Crow."
Marude shrugged irritated.
"We just have to go, see if you can contact Amon, I want him there."
Shinohara nodded and ran to his car, calling Amon.
"Amon, Marude wants you to go to White Crow's transport, it has been attacked."
"Roger."
Amon was just reading in the book, but hurriedly got ready to go.
"Who could've done it?" Amon wondered, leaving with his quinque.

--

"Ugh..." Kaneki was trying to control himself, but to no avail. Tokube tried to figure out, if she could do something, but was afraid. Kaneki wasn't like Kenji, so he could die if she bit a wrong spot. Her child wanted to try, but Tokube said no.
Meanwhile, Kenji had broken the shackles holding him, with the fire that had occurred. He got badly burned, but it mostly healed. His hands were free, so he slapped himself to focus. He crawled out of the van, startling the soldiers. They shot at him with Q-bullets right in the head. But Kenji kept moving. He stood up, blood dripping. He grabbed the soldier by the neck, lifting him up. Kenji's arm was shaking, but he still managed to hold the soldier up from the ground.
"One, two, fifteen, ah. I can see you again." Kenji grinned, as his eyes healed from the shots he got.
"H-how..." The soldier struggled, and then Kenji used both hands to rip his head off. The headless body slumped onto the road, making a blood pool.
"Who's next?" Kenji asked, even though he looked around to find Tokube. In the darkness, he saw Amei. Kenji blinked several times, before walking over to her body.
"Amei...? Ah, it really is you! You followed me here, didn't you?" He crouched down, still with the head under his arm. He flipped the head upside down, sticking fingers into the gaping hole.
"Ahhh, I haven't seen you in a while and when I do you're not smiling?" Kenji asked, putting his bloody fingers on her lips.
"Aaaand, there we go! Ah can't forget." Kenji made it look like she was smiling with the blood and also made a smiley on her cheek.
Kenji smiled at his work, but suddenly his body got flung away with force. He hit the wall with a hard impact, coughing even more blood up, than he already had on him.
"Ooh~ Tokube! Tokube come here!" Kenji called, seeing only Kaneki with his kagune evolved to a kakuja. Kenji noticed the mask he had, Amei's mask.
"Kaneki... It was you wasn't it?" Kenji yelled with a dissatisfied expression. "IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT AMEI'S LIKE THIS RIGHT?" Kenji raised his voice remarkably. Kaneki was just staring with a white eye. He could feel guilt pool up.
It was his fault.
"I'm weak." Kaneki muttered.
"I can't protect like this, no, not like this."
Kaneki grew centipede like tentacles and he screamed.
He charged towards Kenji. Kenji knew he couldn't stand a chance towards Kaneki in his state. He looked at Amei, who was staring back.

//////////
Okay, this chapter is probably quite confusing, because I'm also a bit confused... Yeah, I hope you enjoyed it
*hides under a rock*
\\\\\\\\\\