Too Close for Comfort

Kaneki walked to the building where Nishiki was standing with his coffee. The cold wind had faded away to a slight chilly breeze. A few sunbeams were shining through the gray clouds. Nishiki noticed Kaneki's figure closing in. He readjusted his rectangular glasses and observed Kaneki's footsteps.
"Nishiki, I wondered, I heard that you and Tsukiyama had an argument a few days back..." Kaneki rubbed his jacket sleeves to keep warm. He glanced at Nishiki's annoyed expression, that became worse by the second.
"Ah, that bastard was going on how that asshole is a delicacy, so he won't let me kill that son of a bitch. But that fucking bastard is insane! He hurt Kimi, that piece of shit!" He threw the empty cup furiously in a trash can, startling Kaneki once again. Kaneki didn't expect that Kimi was involved in it, so he felt a bit relieved, that the lie he told Hide, was somewhat true.
"How did that happen?" Kaneki did consider to not dig deeper, but he was curious. He stepped closer to Nishiki, who had sat down on the stairs to the science building.
Nishiki looked back on the event that happened three days ago.

"I'll be at the usual spot in the park. I'll see you there, Nishiki!" Nishiki hung up the phone and put it in his pocket of his jacket. He had just finished the last lesson for today. It was windy and the sky was clear. The sun was shining, blinding Nishiki.
"Ugh, stupid glasses." He held up his one hand to block the sun from his face. He wasn't in the best mood, but the thought of meeting up with Kimi was more than enough to keep him in good spirit.
Exiting the university grounds, he had to go through the street, where foodstalls were everywhere. Upon entering the air filled with mixed disgusting smells, he dug his nose under his jacket.
"This place is awful..." Nishiki picked up his pace to get out of the area quickly. He met the road that split the park from the buildings. The nauseating smell had faded away and he took a deep breath. When he crossed the street, he could smell Kimi, further in the park. It made him feel excited be able to see her, but that scent carried with it the smell of blood. He knew the owner's blood's smell first hand; Kimi's blood. Nishiki began to run, worried that something terrible happened to Kimi.
"Is it a ghoul?" he thought, sniffing the wind and he caught two smells; the one was from an unknown ghoul, the other from a ghoul he detested: Tsukiyama Shuu.

Nishiki arrived at the giant sakura tree, where he always met up with Kimi. He saw Kimi leaning up of the tree, seemingly frightened of the man in front of her.
"Get away from Kimi!" Nishiki shout was filled with determination to protect Kimi. She looked over at Nishiki and felt relieved. The ghoul glared at Nishiki with one of his eyes partially opened. A ruby colored orb could be seen, surrounded by black. Nishiki was right.
"You must be this pretty human lady's boyfriend, am I right?" The ghoul turned his body to face Nishiki. His movement was all wonky and he almost fell to the ground.
"Woopsy, I drank too much... Ah, by the way, I'm Kenji Taeki, also known as the White Crow. Nice to meet you." Kenji bowed down with his legs moving to keep him from falling. Kimi took this chance to run over to Nishiki. She ran into his embrace.
"Are you okay? You're not hurt, right?" Nishiki took a look at Kimi, eyeing every single spot where her skin was exposed. On her hand were some narrow, but deep, scratches. Nishiki glared daggers at Kenji, who just smiled mockingly, but apologetic at the same time.
"I apologize for those scratches... Her hands seemed very smooth, but I didn't mean to taint them. I don't have the best control of my body, when I'm drunk."
"You son of a bitch... What do you mean by that?" Nishiki snerred at him, turning Kimi away from him.
Kenji lowered his head with an open grin, with drool falling on the ground. He held his head for a moment, because his head was throbbing. He grinned even wider.
"What a splendid idea, Tokube!" Kenji straightened up, making Nishiki hold Kimi just a tad tighter. He turned around, pointing at another sakura tree, that was smaller.
"Beyond this tree stands the ghoul known as the Gourmet!" His voice was loud, making the other few people that were around, go away, leaving the four of them alone in the area.
"So he is here..." Nishiki thought and Kimi looked up at his face. She seemed worried, but Nishiki gave her a smile. "It's going to be fine."
She gave a slight smile.