Origin in Europe

Kenji had a weak amused expression, aimed at Amon. He felt his excitement warm up his weak body. The centipedes hid under the fabric and some ran to his right ear. They never touched the other ear.
"This." Amon said, holding up the book, still wrapped in plastic. "Explain, right now." Amon was clearly ticked off just by Kenji's expression. Shinohara sat down on the one chair that was in the room.
"Amon, don't get too aggressive towards him, okay? We don't want him to completely shut us off." Shinohara said, giving a glance to Amon. Amon turned his head to give him a nod.
"Hmph, you haven't read it, have you?" Kenji asked, after noticing the wrapping on the book. He felt a bit disappointed. Kenji twisted his feet, as it felt like they weren't there. When he moved them, it felt like they weren't resting on anything. His body thought he was falling, making him jolt. It surprised him, but he kept his eyes on Amon, who noticed the sudden movement.
"You're uncomfortable, aren't you?" Amon asked, slightly amused by Kenji's suffering state.
"Duh, are you stupid? I am unable to move in this disgusting straitjacket, I'm chained to the wall, and "they" are eating off me. My brain's fucked up, I want Tokube. Speaking of her, you don't have her. She's not in your possession, not close, not here, somewhere." Kenji rambled, getting heated up at the end. He scowled, almost in sync with the chews in his head. They made a severe headache.
"Mom wasn't here for us, so why would she come back?"
"Right? Not for us, then not for you. She won't come back." The few centipedes in Kenji's head, told him that. They were trying to break him, all over again. Just like the time before Tokube was part of his life.
"Lies, lies inside my head. She'll come back." Kenji mumbled, looking down. His muscles shook.
"White Crow! Explain now!" Amon was a bit angry, and raised his voice.
Kenji was annoyed, hearing his nickname.
"Amon..." Kenji looked up, making eye contact with Amon, still his irises bright red. "...I don't like that nickname of mine, right now, so call me by my name."
Amon and Shinohara didn't expect it. They listened closely, but Kenji didn't say anything. Amon sighed a bit.
"What's your name, then?" Amon asked, still having eye contact with a pair of absent eyes. He looked down at the book. It hadn't crossed his mind, that the book probably had the name. "...Kenji Taeki, correct?"
Kenji smiled. He rubbed his back on the soft leather covered wall, Specially designed to make it very unlikely to kill oneself. Not that Kenji would dare do that.
"Yes." Kenji merely answered. "Now, you haven't read the book, right? Someone told you just enough for you to see why I recommended this to you, riiight?"
Kenji grinned, though his face felt like it was about to crumble off. The headache was pressing on his face.
Amon didn't like Kenji's tone.
"Just, what purpose does this book have? Why the hell did you write about Amei!?" Amon glared at Kenji.
"Amei, huh? It's been over a year haven't it? That day I met her. Her flesh was very delicious." Kenji practically just mocked Amon. "Wow, you didn't interrupt me this time around:"
Amon clenched his hands, holding back what he wanted to say. Shinohara stood up.
"Amon, I'll talk with him." Shinohara said, placing a hand on Amon's stiff shoulder. Shinohara took a hold of the microphone, as Amon walked over to the chair.
"You prefer being called "Kenji", right?" Shinohara asked. Kenji teeth had begun chattering.
"Yeah."
"Amei... she was in Europe at that time, last year to study, visiting her sister. Her father was here. That means you were there too, where she was."
"Yeah, I was. In Denmark." Kenji commented. Shinohara continued.
"Did you follow her to Denmark?" Shinohara questioned.
Kenji stared at Shinohara. One centipede crawled past on his face, which made Shinohara raise an eyebrow.
"No, I didn't follow her."
"Then, you where in Denmark before she arrived?"
"...Mhm." Kenji bit his lower lip, to stop his chattering teeth. "I lived there."
Shinohara and Amon were taken aback at how little resistance Kenji was giving, to answer the questions.
It was simple though.
His brain was being fucked up
by them.
Shinohara did assume that the centipedes were the reason for him to suddenly be a pushover. Not that it was a bad thing. He would use this chance to get information from Kenji.
"Then, how did you meet her?"
"..." Kenji was silent. "Damn, I can't think properly. They're fucking it up." Kenji was aware of it, but he couldn't really do anything about it.
"I... Hiro and I, we where retrieving that person, who died, at a graveyard. Then she was there... I was hungry." Kenji fumbled to speak, thinking about Tokube. His neck hurt.
"Who's Hiro?" asked Amon, who stood up from the chair and stood by Shinohara.
"Hiro? Hiro... she's..." Kenji lowered his head. He couldn't figure out what kind of feeling was spawning amidst the mixed feelings of despair, fear, doubt, anger, hope, everything.
"Who is she?" Amon asked again. "Is she a ghoul too?"
Kenji slowly raised his head. His eyes were blurry, trying to remember Hiro.
He couldn't remember.
He didn't want to think.
"I don't know where she is. She didn't die." Kenji said, trying to forget Hiro at the moment. Amon and Shinohara looked at each other.
"Who didn't die?" Amon asked, wanting an answer. Kenji could feel his face had heated up, but it felt like it was literally burning his skin. A few lines of liquid slid down his face, feeling like the skin was peeling off.
"Amei. She's on the cover, she made the book with me."
"What?!" Amon said in disbelief. He looked at the book. There was a girl sitting on a chair, in nothing but white, blending in with the white blood-splattered background. The upper part of her face was obscurred with the title. She wasn't smiling.
"Where is she?!" Amon snapped at Kenji. Shinohara looked at Amon, then his phone vibrated in his pocket.
"I'll take this, excuse me." Shinohara notified Amon, leaving the room. Amon didn't pay much attention to it. He was focused on Kenji.
Kenji leaned his head back, resting on the leather covered wall. He was tired.
"Let me rest." Kenji spoke to the centipedes. They haven't given Kenji the chance to rest, since they hatched. Kenji could close his eyes, but never fall into slumber. Amon heard the insect click noises from Kenji. Amon slammed a fist on the table.
"I asked you, where is she?!" He yelled at Kenji.
"I don't know, I don't want to know, you know? I'm tired, go away, I'm frustrated, Tokube needs to be here." Kenji mumbled, looking at the ceiling.
Amon was angry at Kenji's behaviour. Before he could yell at Kenji even more, Shinohara came back.
"Amon. I just got notified, that there has been issued a request to transfer White Crow to Denmark." Shinohara said, shocking Amon.
"But, why?"
"He's originally from there, they were trying to track him down, but he somehow escaped to here. Now they know that he has been captured, so they want him back." Shinohara explained. He glanced behind Amon. Kenji was still staring up at the ceiling.
"I asked them, if they knew about this Hiro, and they told me they have captured her." Shinohara lied, knowing Kenji could hear it. "They are going to dispose of her so..."
Shinohara walked over to the microphone.
"Kenji, if you want to see her, then you have to cooperate with us. You don't want us to kill the centipedes, right?"
Kenji opened his mouth. One of the centipedes was laying in the crevice of his lips, and it fell inside his mouth.
"Hey, what are you doing?"
"We'll make sure you can't sleep, if you kill her."
"Mom will be mad at you."

The centipedes said, including the one in his mouth. Kenji ignored them. He took some effort to look at Shinohara. He stuck out his tongue at Shinohara, showing the centipede. Then he slid his tongue in again, crushing the centipede between his teeth. Kenji swallowed it.
"...I couldn't give a less fuck for these bitching centipedes." He grinned at Shinohara, though the centipedes had, once again, gathered on his face.
"You will regret that." They said all at once.
"Will I now?" Kenji said. "Tokube will forgive me for killing one of you."
They didn't understand, but Shinohara and Amon could hear it.
"Listen, I don't give a fuck about these bitching centipedes, but they are Tokube's, so if you kill them, then I'll fuck you up for making her sad. Tokube is the reason I am still me." Kenji stated, doubting his last words.
Was it true?
Was Kenji still him, or
Who?

Kaneki and Tokube escaped from Jason. Kaneki managed to overpower him, with Tokube's help. She enhanced his RC cells abilities, making them more efficient. Kaneki heard from Jason, that the CCG would be attacking this hideout.
Kaneki found a way out of the building he was in. He ended up in another part of the building.
"Hey, Tokube, do you think we should look for Kenji now? We don't have a clue where he is." Kaneki asked Tokube, who was in his ear. She crawled out, and Kaneki offered his hand where she could stand. She shook her head at Kaneki.
"I thought so... Then--" Kaneki stopped his sentence, when he heard several running feet. He turned to the sound, after putting Tokube in his ear again.
Kaneki was met with several soldiers of the CCG. They saw his ghoul eye.
"...Guess it can't be helped." Kaneki thought, bringing his kagune out. He slayed the soldiers, so they couldn't harm anyone.
Anyone could harm them though.
Kaneki continued on, meeting a staircase. He took the stairs up. Tokube scrambled around.
"? What's wrong, Tokube?" Kaneki asked looking up the stairs. Someone was standing there.
"Kaneki?" He had a mask and a red robe on, covering his whole body.
Kaneki knew who it was, from the voice.
"Nishiki?"
Another person came from behind with the same clothes. The person took off their mask.
Kaneki didn't expect seeing her or Nishiki. Tokube peered out, seeing those two.
Nishiki and Touka.

/////
'ello, author here, are you enjoying this? cuz I dunno. I kinda forgot the reason why I started this... Meh.
\\\\\