Importance of Support

Something triggered in Kenji's mind, when he saw Amon. His reason for being excited to see Amon, was that he reminded Kenji of his father. Kenji never knew what a father actually should be. His father and his mother were ill.
Mentally ill.

The shots kept hitting Kenji and he could feel the impact through his evolved kagune; his kakuja. Amon looked as if he wanted to say something to Kenji, but it wasn't a good timing to chat.
Kenji felt mentally weak, while trying to keep up with his usual behaviour. His body needed to rest real badly, but both Kenji and Tokube weren't aware of it. What they did know, was that they had to move to larger grounds than the street.
"S-sole solitude... Twenty na... nails on the floor... Chocolate w-ine " Kenji leaped towards Amon with the thought to grab him. Amon blocked his assult with his quinque. As Kenji was balancing on the quinque, the other investigators attempted to hit him. They hit Kenji and he flew a short distance, ramming into one of the metal vehicles. It was first on the imapct that Kenji got aware that he got hit.
Tokube scrambled around, telling Kenji's kakuja to run. So it did.
"After him!" shouted several soldiers and they ran to their cars.

"I-it's..." Kenji whispered on the run. It wasn't him running, it was his kakuja that Tokube controlled by digging into another section of his brain; It had its consequences. The usual section Tokube occupied, would slowly grow together again, making that section work again.
It would make Kenji terrified and unable to do anything, unless Tokube kept her place.
Kenji's fear would reawaken.
How tormenting.

Tokube stayed where she was, guiding Kenji to a deserted place, but there were many people and cars at the time.
"...To a, you stay dead...Wooded plea...Kenji groaned, as his body couldn't move; All because of Tokube's placement, disturbing the different signals in his brain.
With one move, Kenji's eyesight got spots of black growing bigger.
"Whilst fire-"
Tokube cut his sentence short, taking complete control of Kenji's body.
They ran past the bookstore and Takatsuki was about to leave.
"Oh? How interesting, he's that kind of ghoul?" She thought, with a smirk crawling on her lips. She already assumed how it would end for Kenji.

An alley; dark, deserted.
Tokube ran there, stumbling with Kenji's kakuja over trashcans. At that point, Tokube was aware that fighting at the moment would be a bad idea. She stopped, leaning Kenji up a wall. His body fell to the side with a bump. She stayed in her place, trying to decide what to do. She just had to move away from where she was, then Kenji would wake up after some time, though, due to his wounds, he would probably first wake up after several hours.
But she didn't know; All that she did was keeping Kenji somewhat mentally stable. She knew what she was made for. What she didn't know, was how connected she actually would be with Kenji. Her assumptions were, that she would be there with no interaction with him.
But Kenji did nothing but kept talking to her, rambling how glad he was for her, to make everything he knew better. Over time, Kenji learned how to communitcate with Tokube, learning her movements inside his head.

Tokube crawled out of Kenji's head, with blood rolling off of her. She took a moment to peek out from an opening in the kakuja, then she proceeded to crawl on Kenji's face, that was still covered by the skull. His breathing was ragged, but peaceful, his eyes were shut as if they would never open again. His skin was dry, flaky and covered in blood. Tokube nibbled on the dry flakes, trying to clean his face. While she was nibbling away the dead skin around his ripped mouth, she recalled when Kenji first mentioned Kaneki. At that time, she was excited to meet him, so when she did, when she got a good look at him at the stairs, she saw something. Something in his left eye, that intrigued her.
Tokube continued with caring for Kenji in the alley way, while hearing the sound of cars.
Tokube felt, when Kenji tried to move his body to a more comfortable pose, that instead, his body flinched and became limp again. A huge sigh left his mouth.
She moved her antennas to his eyelids, feeling movement under them.
Kenji was dreaming.