Painful Hope

It was late and Amon, Seido, Shinohara and Suzuya had gone to a resturant. They sat down at a four mans table. Amon and Shinohara sat together. Seido and Suzuya were already glaring at each other, but Suzuya's stare would always be scary. Seido looked away.
"Why do I have to sit beside him?" Seido sighed. He looked around in the resturant. The walls were made of dark colored tree. Tables and chairs were decorated with turkish colored fabric. There were a few other people eating and chatting. There was some music in the background.
"Amon, have you heard of a book called "Tragedy's Daughter"?" Shinohara asked Amon, while Suzuya and Seido were looking in the menu's they had, in two different manners. Suzuya was holding the menu like it was a worm, turning it around several times with fixed eyes. Seido was holding it as any person would.
Amon looked up from the menu to Shinohara.
"I think I've seen it in some stores before, but I'm not that much of a reader..."
"Really?"
Amon nodded. "Why do you ask?"
"I was at Cochlea before to speak with White Crow, and he said that you would like that book. I tried asking about the book, but he fell unconscious."
Amon felt a bit surprised and uncomfortable. He wondered why White Crow would say something like that. Now Amon felt it was nessesary to read the book. It could contain something important.
"He wouldn't say that without a reason." Amon thought. He continued to look through the menu and finally decided on what he wanted.
The others had also decided and they placed their order. Now they waited.
Shinohara remembered something and slightly turned to Amon. He looked at his arm.
"Have your arms recovered? I heard that it wasn't that bad..." Amon glanced at Shinohara and at his own arm.
"It's been a week now, so they have recovered mostly. Still hurts a bit, but I can work. Though, I think all the paperwork today made it worse." Amon did remember when they began to hurt really badly when he tried to move them. A few hours after encountering Kenji. It felt as if the nerves were misplaced, stuck between the moving muscles. Amon went to a doctor, got a good massage and got a few days off.
"Don't push yourself too hard, okay?" Shinohara patted Amon lightly on the back. "Are you going to visit him? White Crow?"
Amon looked out in the resturant, seeing the same waiter, who took their order, approaching them.
"...I--"
"Suzuya, don't point that at me! You'll get us kicked out!" Seido abruptly said to Suzuya, who was skillfully playing with one of his knives between his fingers. Suzuya purposedly positioned his hand close to Seido, because he felt like it.
"Suzuya, please, put that away." Shinohara commanded in a soft tone. Suzuya looked Shinohara right in the eye. 
"...'Kay~" Suzuya replied and put the knife inside his jacket again. He did it just before the waiter came with their food.
"Seriously, can't you two get along?" Shinohara sighed, after the waiter walked away. His eyes switched between Seido and Suzuya, patiently awating an answer. Seido and Suzuya glared at each other. 
"..." None of them said anything. Shinohara sighed in defeat and took the cutlery to his plate.
"Let's just eat, okay? No fighting, you two." Shinohara said, glaring at the two, as Seido nodded for both of them. Suzuya had already begun eating from his plate. Slowly, they all had begun eating from their plates. No one really brought up a topic to talk about, while they ate.
Suzuya was thinking about when he would get a quinque.
Seido was thinking about how he didn't like Suzuya, while throwing glances at him.
Shinohara was thinking about Jason, of the 13th ward, suspecting that it was him that was in the alley way.
Amon was thinking about the book. About Kenji. Amon was thinking to get the book as the first thing in the morning next day.

"Hey~ Tokube, please hurry... They won't listen. Th- they don't listen. Listening is tiring. I- Tokube, they'll listen to you, to you, you, they'll listen, right? Right..." Kenji could hear scrambling in his ear, his breathing was loud in his ears, as if he was holding his hands on them. There was pressure inside his ears, giving him a bad headache. Kenji began feeling very uncomfortable in the darkness. "Ahh, Tokube, I miss you... Tokube, I-I didn't introduce you, right? Sorry, sorry, I'll be sure to... next time for sure..." Kenji's whole body shook violently. It was sizzling inside his head till the point, that he began to sweat. He felt warm liquid leave his ears and dripping from his nose. It was very exhausting for him to keep bleeding so much, but he regenerates blood quickly. The wounds wouldn't heal that fast as they usually would. They were the cause of that.
Kenji was scared again. He kept on losing to his fear of everything; sound, visual, touch, himself, everything.
"Tokube, where are you?" Kenji thought, before screaming. No one could hear him, but himself and them.

Tokube didn't know what was going on. What she knew was, that she was being held by the tail, by this tall man in a white suit. She kept trying to crawl up herself to get a grip on the man's hand, but he kept moving too much. The checkered floor made her disoriented, and she saw him. The man, Kenji said he would introduce. He, that she saw in the basement of Anteiku. Kaneki. Tokube was glad to see a familiar face. Kenji's friend, as he told her.
"...I want to put this into your ear. You don't mind, do you?" is what Tokube heard from the man holding her. She glanced at Kaneki's terrified crying eyes. She was getting closer to Kaneki's ear, as Kaneki kept begging for him to stop. Tokube couldn't comprehend why he would want him to stop. They knew each other; or, Kenji knew him. So it's fine, right? Tokube was now close enough to the entrance of Kaneki's ear. She wriggled into his ear, being blocked by his eardrum. Tokube hadn't seen one, since she first crawled into Kenji's ear back when he was little. Rather, she would only see bits of it trying to regenerate when she wasn't blocking its way. When Tokube would be outside of Kenji's ear, Kenji would regain his sense of hearing in that ear. Tokube never touched his other eardrum.
Tokube began chewing on Kaneki's eardrum. It was delicious to her. She couldn't stop and kept eating it till the point where she could advance further inside. She ate out a spot where she could curl up, facing Kaneki's eardrum that would regenerate slowly. While Tokube did that, Kaneki was laughing uncontrollably while crying, trying to break free from the chains that held him. 
Tokube stayed where she was, until Kaneki was sobbing and mumbling. She chewed her way past his eardrum and peeked out. The man, Jason, wasn't there at the moment.
Tokube crawled halfway out, onto Kaneki's face. He saw her out of the corner of his eye. 
"...Could this be what Kenji feels inside his head?" Kaneki mumbled, feeling so terrible and weak. Tokube crawled completely out of Kaneki's ear. She crawled all over his face, stopping to look in his eye. Kaneki tried to shake her off, but stopped, as it hurt tremendously.
"G-get off me!" Kaneki tried to yell, but his voice was broken. "P-please, at least... just..."
Kaneki's eyes got watery. Tokube once again crawled around and stopped to look at Kaneki's eye. Kaneki stared back. 
"Centipedes don't behave like this..." Kaneki thought, clueless to what Tokube was trying to say. Tokube was on Kaneki's forehead, and she looked down at the tainted checkered floor. She swayed with her slender red antennas. Kaneki felt Tokube beginning to crawl down his throat to the floor. Kaneki was completely lost, that he forgot about the pain for a moment.
"What is it trying to do?" Kaneki eyed Tokube who was basically swimming in his blood on the floor. She continuously crawled in a circle, to form one.
"A circle?" Kaneki thought, observing her move. "... A smiley?"
Tokube lifted herself up to look up at Kaneki. Kaneki remembered seeing a familiar form of smiley somewhere. Tokube made her way over to Kaneki again and crawled up to his thigh. They looked at each other.
"...Could you be..." Kaneki was unsure if he remembered correctly. "...Tokube?"
Tokube swayed with her antennas to answer him.
"H-how, shouldn't you be with Kenji?" Kaneki realized, after saying it, that Tokube wouldn't have any way of answering. Tokube crawled up to Kaneki's face. They both heard footsteps coming from the door. Tokube hurried into Kaneki's ear to hide. She didn't like Jason. Kaneki didn't really wanted Tokube to crawl into his ear again, but he thought she was some kind of sign, that this toture would end soon, so he endured the pain she inflicted, when she moved about. He also did his best to endure his next toture session.
Again, a new injection. Tokube could hear the fluids, as they were very close to where she stayed. She felt the vibrations of Kaneki's continous screams and countdown, as his toes got cut off. Tokube didn't find it unusual. She had experienced it before.
"...881,.. 874... 867..." Kaneki forced the numbers out from his sore throat.
Tokube had been with Kaneki for a few days now. When Jason wasn't there, Tokube would go out and clean Kaneki's body; getting rid of the sweat, blood and dead skin. She had grew fond of Kaneki. She still missed Kenji and them. She was sure they had hatched.
Her eggs.