Bandage

Third POV:

As everyone finished their soup the sun had almost completely set. Some stars were already visible and the moon was slowly replacing the sun. "Here, I'll take everyone's dishes to the sink!" Silver chirped, hoisting himself up off the couch and taking everyone's bowls from their hands. He held his hand on top of the stack of bowls, carefully walking to the kitchen to put them in the sink. "Are we sure he should be walking around this much after surgery?" Espio mumbled, glaring at the doorway leading to the kitchen. "He'll be good, the doc told us some post surgery tips at the hospital." Vector yawned, flipping the page of his news paper. Espio sighed, closing his eyes and resting his head on the back of the couch. "Uh, hey Espio! Where'd you put the first aid kit?" Silver called out to Espio, some soft rummaging sounds emitting from the kitchen.

With that small question Espios eyes shot open, immediately pushing himself off the couch and darting to the kitchen. "Why do you need the first aid kit?" Espio pressed, locking eyes with Silver as he walked through the doorway. Silver turned his torso to face Espio, a light red splotched dirtying the once clean and white bandage's on Silvers torso. "The doctor told me that it was normal for the incision to bleed a bit so don't worry!" Silver reassured, but by now Espio had looked like he'd seen a ghost. He swiftly walked around Silver, reaching over him to open the cabinet above the one he was searching.

"I think we have some antibiotic ointment in the upstairs bathroom.." Espio muttered, grabbing the handle of the first aid kit and pulling it down. Walking out the kitchen Silver followed close behind, messing with the tainted bandages on his torso. Vector was nose deep in his newspaper and Charmy was hypnotized by the TV to notice or care for either of them walking up the stairs. The second floor of the Chaotix home only consisted of the members bedrooms and a small bathroom at the end of the hall. As Espio and Silver walked down the hall, Silver saw glimpses of Vectors and Charmys rooms. Charmys room consisting of random posters poorly taped to the wall, toys scattered all across the floor and a small race car bed with some paint chipped off the sides. Vectors consisted of piles of books stacked on top and on the side of a old wooden dresser, filing cabinets with documents bursting out the drawers and random articles of clothing scattered on the bed and in corners of the room. Although, unlike his coworkers, Espios room door was closed shut. "Sorry, but I prefer to keep my room privet." Espio softly grinned, Silver snickering under his breath being caught poking his nose into the others rooms.

A loud creek was followed as Espio opened the door to the bathroom, Silvers ears twitching from the unpleasant sound. "There's not much room in here with the door open.." Espio muttered, scooting farther back as Silver walked in. Scotching around Silver Espio shut the door, resting the first aid kit on the counter beside the sink. He knelt down, rummaging through the messy draws before pulling out the antibiotic ointment. While Espio was doing that Silver took this time to unravel the bandage on his body, grimacing at the sight of the wound disfiguring his torso. Silver turned his body the opposite way, his ears pinning down on his head. "Here, let me help you.." Espio soothed, holding a damp paper towel and putting his hand on Silvers shoulder. "No! It's fine, I've got it!" Silver urged, weakly smiling whilst trying to reach for the paper towel in Espios hand. "Silver, I insist." Espio retorted pulling his arm back and away from Silver. "No it's fine really!" Silver argued, turning his body back to face Espio and get a better reach of the paper towel. "Tenshi, please I'm just trying to help." Espio continued to press.

"I'm telling you, it's fi- wait.," Silver paused, a look of confusion washing over his face. "What did you just call me?" Silvers ears perked up, now standing still and not reaching for the paper towel. "What?.. Silver?" Espio questioned, his confused expression matching with Silvers. "No no no, before that. It was tesh... ten.. Tenshi!Tenshi?" Silver refuted, watching as Espios face went from puzzled to stunned to flushed in a matter of seconds.