Chapter 7: "The interview"

FADING SPOTLIGHT

Isabella drove her grey BMW X6 to the Mediaplus Group Limited building, where the CBS News channel was located on the second floor.

Outside the building, a crowd held placards with writings on it. Some read;

"We love you Isabella!"

"No Isabella, No Hollywood."

From the messages they carried, no one had to explicitly tell you that they were fans of Isabella.

Overlooking them, Isabella turned into the back of the building, heading for the celebrities' parking space.

She stepped out of the car and right away, a lady in office attire greeted her politely.

"Good Afternoon, Ms. Parker!"

The lady offered to take Isabella's bag, but she declined, saying, "I can handle it, don't worry."

Isabella wore a stylish black dress. It fit her well, showing off her curves. The dress had pretty lace details and came to her knees with three-quarter sleeves. It looked both classy and comfy.

She followed the lady into the building. All eyes were on her in the inside. Some murmured with smiles, while few shot her disapproving looks.

Entering the elevator, they smoothly ascended to the second floor.

"This way, please," the lady guided, leading her into one of the CBS News studios.

The studio was filled with cameras positioned strategically under bright lights.

As Isabella took her seat, a familiar male voice spoke from behind-a voice akin to the one that had called her earlier in her room. "I'm glad you made it, Ms. Parker."

"It's my pleasure," Isabella replied, turning to face him. "You are?"

"I'm the MD, I spoke with you this morning."

"Yeah, I remember. Nice suit, though," Isabella cheekily remarked, rolling her eyes as the MD strayed off.

Seated in the studio, the distant sounds of the MD orchestrating tasks got to Isabella's ears.

"At least he knows his job," Isabella mumbled, reaching for a water bottle in her bag. Prior to her chance to open it, the show's host took a seat.

"Good afternoon, Isabella. I'm happy to have you. Hope you're ready?"

Isabella nodded silently, a beam on her face.

"We're going live in 1,2,3."

"Good Afternoon, America. You're watching The Drive Time show on CBS NEWS. Today, we have here, award-winning actress, Isabella Parker," the show host announced.

The camera zoomed in on Isabella. She put on a beautiful smile, looking directly at the camera.

"I'm thrilled to be here," she expressed.

Following Isabella's discussion about her journey to success at a young age, the show host presented a series of questions submitted by viewers on social media.

"Miss Isabella," he continued, "Your fans want to know about your dating life. They mention not seeing pictures of you with men unless you're on set."

Isabella adjusted herself in the chair and pulled her curly hair back. "For now, I'm focusing on my career alone. Nothing more or less, I don't even fancy male friendship."

"Since you're saying 'for now,'" the show host added with a gesture, "Does it point to your previous relationship with men? What made you despise male--"