VII

Calculus will be easier now with Ava, who's also a Student Council member. Even more resources I can use when I need to. For now, I need to continue making allies. I walk over to my Art class, not expecting Lexi to be there. However, to my surprise, I saw her in her seat working on something. I make my way over to her and take my own seat next to her. 

"I'm surprised you're here," I said, startling her a bit.

"O-Oh! Y-Y/N! H-Hi..." She's a stuttering mess. "I-I don't mind coming, even after yesterday... Since I'm in class with you, I feel more safe... around you..." She says. I smile a bit.

"I'm glad to hear. Like I said, you have my number. If you need me, just let me know." I replied. 

"Thank you..." I nod. She fidgets a little before moving her seat just a little bit closer to mine. I didn't mind it. If it keeps her safe, then I'm fine with it. The bell rings and Ms.Bree comes in just in time. 

"Wahhhh, sorry about that class. I had to print out some papers for upcoming projects. Anyway! Let's get class started! Today, is a free day, meaning if you have any projects you need to catch up on, feel free. As always, paint is in the corner, and don't forget to clean up. You all may start." I like her. Reminds me of someone I used to know. 

"W-What are you gonna do, Y/N?" Lexi asked me. 

"I suppose I'll sketch something," I replied. Lexi hands me a piece of paper from her sketchbook and a pencil. I notice the pencil seeing as it's not a regular one, but more for drawing. "Thank you." I grab the pencil and think of something to draw. Meanwhile, Lexi was drawing a person. 

"C-Can you turn towards me for a second? I want to see something, i-i-if you don't mind?" I shook my head and turned towards her, with a normal expression. "T-Thank you, you have really pretty eyes." 

"Thank you. Do you have any ideas for me? I'm sort of stuck here." I asked. 

"S-Sure. Uh, is there something in particular that you like?" 

"I like nature. If that counts." I replied. 

"O-Oh! Why don't you draw a tree?" I nod. It's better than nothing. Shouldn't be too hard, right? Only one way to find out. But first, I need a reference...

***     ***     ***

Not too bad. I thought I was going to be way worse. Natural talent, I suppose. I turn to my left and see Lexi staring at my drawing in awe. "W-Wow! Y/N, that's good! Have you ever drawn before?" She asks me. 

"I used to draw shapes. Other than that, this is probably the hardest thing I've drawn." I reply. 

"W-Wow... You're impressive, Y/N. Maybe you can teach me something?" I nod. 

"Sure. I can teach you a thing or two." With that, the bell rings, meaning class is over. I wasn't feeling too hungry today, so I decided to walk around the school for some peace. 

~~~

Dance in the Game - ZAQ

~~~

"Serena, nice to see you," I said Serena approaching me.

"Oh! Y/N, I was looking for you." She said. She sat down next to me with her lunch. "I kind of want to ask a favor..."

"I'm listening," I said, looking over at her. 

"Lexi... are you protecting her?" She asks. Interesting question to ask out of the blue. Is she related to any of the boys in the school? I shouldn't rule that out. "I'm sorry, is that weird to ask?... Why am I so nervous..." It's hard to tell if she's putting on an act or not. 

"Well, let me ask you this, are you friends with Eric and them? You are aware that I am connected with the recent incident." I replied. I stare at her, waiting for a reply, and see her get more nervous by the second. 

"N-No, I'm not, I promise. I h-hate them. O-One of them almost did the same thing to me like Lexi." Well, this caught me off guard. "That's I wanted to ask if..."

"You want protection as well." I finished. She nods. 

"I'm also with the student council. Lyla and Ava told me about you and how you were involved." That explains why she's been looking for me and the details she knows. I guess I'm famous at this point. 

"Since I am going to work with you all, I will do my best to keep a look out for them. I gave Lexi my number. I think it's only fair you have it." I said, giving her my phone. She puts her number in and gives it back to me. "Anything else you should tell me?" 

"Not that we are aware of. Sometimes to district doesn't tell us." 

"Got it. I'll keep in touch."

***     ***     ***

Walking into physics, I'm immediately greeted by my two new friends Alyssa and Allison. 

"Hi Y/N!"

"Keep it down, I have a minor headache..." Alyssa grumbes while Allison giggles at her misfortune. 

"Headache?" I asked. 

"Something like that... I'm also thinking about way too much things right now. I hate people." She says, picking her head up and taking a sip of her water. "That helps a bit."

"You'll be fine! Maybe if you stop being on your phone so much talking to your "boyfriend" you won't be having constant headaches." Allison teases. 

"Who's your boyfriend?"