ch. 2.1

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

   Waking up slowly, Gwen's eyes adjusted to the light as her body swayed softly from the train's movement. Next to her sat Harry with his head slumped on her shoulder, while Hermione, Ron, and Professor Lupin stared at them worriedly.

   Harry shuffled slightly before waking up, lifting his head from her shoulder. Hermione reached forward, handing Harry his glasses as he took them in confusion.

   "Thank you," Harry mustered out, feeling tired when he woke.

   Gwen's head ached slightly before she felt Crookshanks climb onto her lap and settle himself down for a nap. The girl petted his fur, feeling comforted by the grumpy cat.

   "Here, eat this. It'll help," Professor Lupin said, giving the teens pieces of chocolate.

   "It's alright. It's chocolate,"

   Gwen hesitantly went to grab a piece and so did Harry. The two nibbling on the sweet, her head already feeling a little better.

   Hermione held onto Gwen's hand, hoping to comfort the girl. Gwen smiled softly at Hermione, grateful to have a best friend like her.

   "Wha-What was that thing... that came?" Harry asked, staring at the sliding door of the compartment.

   "It was a dementor, one of the guards of Azkaban. It's gone now," Professor Lupin stated, reassuring the duo who still felt lost at what happened.

   "It was searching the train for Sirius Black. If you'll excuse me, I need to have a little word with the driver," Professor Lupin got up from his spot and went to make his out of the small compartment before turning back around to face the group and smiling at Harry and Gwen.

   "Eat more of it. You'll feel better," Without another word the man left swiftly, closing the door shut.

   The group stared after him silently, before Ron scooted a bit to let Hermione properly sit on the cushioned seats.

   "What happened to me? to us?" Harry questioned, biting a bit of the chocolate as he gestured between himself and Gwen.

   "Well, you both sort of went rigid. W-We thought maybe you were having a fit or something," Ron explained, staring at them with concern.

   "And- and did either of you two... you know... pass out?" Harry asked.

   "No. I felt weird, though. Like I'd never be cheerful again," Ron answered, reimagining the feeling he felt when the Dementor came.

   "But someone was screaming. A woman," Harry said, remembering the voice.

   "No one was screaming, Harry," Hermione said, looking at Harry with concern.