ch. 1.1

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

   "I expect everything is packed and ready to go, darling?"

   Gwen nodded her head softly at her mother's question. Gwen had made sure to check her luggage more than four times to make sure she had everything before she left for Hogwarts.

   "Now, your father expects you to be on top of your classes and keep yourself close to--"

   "Keep myself close with other purebloods, yes I know, Mother," Gwen parroted, knowing exactly what her father expects of her.

   Gwendolyn Young was sorted into Slytherin with the other sacred pureblood children, her father was very pleased to know that she and Draco would be in the same house. What Harrison Young didn't know was that Gwen's best friends were all in Gryffindor.

   Gwen watched as her mother picked up the newspaper, revealing Sirius Black's face plastered right in the middle of it. Gwen and Ember had sat adjacent to one another in the dining room, eating breakfast.

   "Did you know him, mum?" Gwen asked, she stared at her mother with a curious gaze nodding her head toward Sirius' screaming picture.

   Gwen watched as her mother stared at Sirius' raged expression, an unrecognizable look in her eyes.

   "No... but who didn't know Sirius Black? He was quite the troublemaker, during my school days," Ember said, sending Gwen a small smirk.

  "Do you think he killed Harry's parents?" Gwen questioned with caution.

   Ember stilled for a moment, looking away from her daughter as she thought over what she wanted to say but couldn't.

   Gwen had told her mother about her best friends, only keeping this secret between them. The mother and daughter were inseparable. With Harrison being away and dealing with business constantly, that left the Young women to be with themselves in their large empty manor.

   "I believe that a man can make many mistakes, but hurting those he loves, would never be one," Ember replied, giving her daughter a sad smile.

   Gwen stared at her mother, unsure of what to say. Sirius Black killed Harry's parents, she believed. What didn't make sense to her was why Sirius escaped Azkaban after twelve years. What did he want? Did he want to kill Harry?

   Ember watched as thoughts swirled around inside Gwen's head, seeing her eyes concentrate on the plate in front of her. The woman felt saddened at the thought of her old friends, her friends who she thought would never disappear from her life.

   "Let's get going, we don't want to be late now, do we?"

   Gwen quickly finished her meal, thanking her house elf, Binny, as the small creature bowed at her words.