> prologue <

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

   At the age of five, Gwendolyn Young had been taught that to have a successful life is to do well in school and maintain your manners and gracefulness. Being the heiress of the Young empire, caused the young girl to be on top of her education while being a high socialite.

   Gwendolyn, also known as Gwen, was grateful for the life she was given. Except for the fact that she's currently staring into her future husband's bright blue eyes.

   Gwen wanted nothing more than to scoff at what seemed like an arrogant smirk. For a boy at the age of eight years old, he's acting like he owns the world. For others, it would seem so. But for Gwen, Draco Malfoy was nothing but a piece of dirt under her shoe.

   Harrison Young stood in front of his daughter, his stoic expression had been permanently plastered onto his face. His wife, Ember Young, stood next to their young daughter Gwen with the perfect smile.

   "Please, let us discuss this in my office," Lucius Malfoy said, guiding Harrison Young into a room filled with books and a desk.

   Ember nodded at her husband, before turning her attention toward Narcissa Malfoy, who stared at them with a small welcoming smile.

   "Follow me to the living room, where the children can get to know each other," Narcissa said, leading Gwen and her mother toward an open big room that was decorated with artifacts that Gwen knew were passed down within the family. 

   Upon entering and settling down, Narcissa and Ember leave Draco and Gwen to talk while they speak to one another and drink tea.

   "My names Draco Malfoy, and your name is?" Draco asked, introducing himself to the Young Heiress. 

   "Gwendolyn Young, it's nice to meet you," Gwen said, sending the boy a small smile.

   "Pleasure,"

   The two children stared at one another awkwardly, not knowing what to discuss. All they could think about was why their parents were being insistent with them getting to know one another.

   "Do you like to read books, Draco?" Gwen asked, hoping her new friend would be a book lover just like her.

   Draco stared at her for a moment, not saying a word. Gwen raised an eyebrow, waiting impatiently for his answer.

   "Only nerds read books, I like to play quidditch," Draco said, smirking proudly at his reply.

   Gwen frowned at his words, feeling annoyed that he indirectly called her a nerd for reading books. The young girl huffed in annoyance before turning away.

   Draco stared at her dumbfounded, not knowing why she was acting like that toward him. He glanced toward his mother, who was busy in a conversation with Gwen's mother before turning back to Gwen and crossing his arms.

   "You're a nerd, aren't you? You're a bookworm!" Draco said, teasing the girl.

   Gwen snapped her attention back to him, her eyes wide with shock before staring at him with anger. Gwen pointed at him, leaning toward him closer than before.

   "At least I know I'm more smart than you, I bet you're an idiot!" Gwen snapped back.

   Draco laughed at her words, causing Gwen to become more irritated at him. Her angry face caused him to settle down a bit, as he watched her scoff at his reaction.

   Draco paused for a moment, scanning her features. He noticed how light freckles danced upon her face, or when her eyes twinkled in the light whenever she frowned at him. Or how he found it adorable when she huffed in annoyance because of him.

   Young Draco Malfoy's heart was captivated, and he was damn sure he would never let anyone know. Especially the girl in front of him.

   "Children," Lucius' voice was heard, causing the mothers, Draco, and Gwen to bring their attention to the two men standing at the entrance of the living room.

   "We have agreed upon our discussion. When the children come of age, they will be set to marry," Harrison announced.

   Ember and Narcissa smiled at one another, sending each other comforting looks while Draco and Gwen stared at their parents with confusion.

   "Mummy, what does that mean" Gwen whispered toward her mother.

   "Dear Draco is going to be your husband, my darling," Ember said, brushing away Gwen's loose hairs on her face.

   "Husband?"

   "Husband?"

   Draco and Gwen questioned out loud, causing Narcissa and Ember to chuckle. Draco held a frown on his face, not able to process the news quickly.

   "Husband and Wife, when you're all grown up," Narcissa said, doing her best to comfort Draco.

   Draco turned to Gwen, who seemed to dislike the idea of them being married in the future. His face turned mischievous, wanting to tease the girl even more now that he knew he would be seeing her more often.

   "I don't want to get married, mummy," Gwen said, staring at her mother with sad eyes.

   Ember sighed softly, knowing that she couldn't do anything but try her best to comfort her daughter. This was all for Gwen. Harrison and Ember knew that if they wanted to come out on top, and alive. Having their little Gwen marry into the Malfoys would bring their chances up.

   "It's for the best, Gwendolyn, the future of the company depends on you," Harrison said sternly, after hearing Gwen's words.

   Gwen stilled, not knowing what else to say. She didn't want to disappoint her father, the man she knew who loved her the most, aside from her mother. Gwen wanted nothing more than to make her parents proud.

   If it was for the company, and the better of her future, she would make sure it would happen. Regardless if she liked it or not.

   Narcissa sent the young girl a sad smile, but hugged Draco close to her tightly, knowing that Gwen and Draco were going to be safe together.

   "Yes, Father," Gwen answered, as Harrison nodded his head at her.

   From that moment on, Gwendolyn Young and Draco Malfoy had become intertwined in more ways than one.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆
author's note: hello!
next chapter does begin in their third year at hogwarts!
so it's the third movie.

this chapter is unedited.