{Edward Cullen} Waters Clear (xReader)

This is a fluffy Twilight oneshot made in 2023

Enjoy!

Song Suggestion: Is This Falling? -Charlie Bennett

##--##

Look, Edward Cullen was a pain in the ass since you met him. Doesn't mean you ever stopped hanging out with him.

Typically, he was quiet, reserved. It seemed like he was constantly sizing everyone up, preparing for a fight at any moment. That made him terrifying, and a perfect companion. He didn't seem to mind your never ending blabber about the show you're obsessing over or disagree with when you complained about how terrible the people at Forks high are.

Sometimes he vanished for days on end, wherever it was sunny out. But you always found a note tucked under your doormat before you went to school, telling you he'd be back as soon as the weather was nice again.

It made you chuckle every time you received the notes. Sometimes they had little scribbles at the bottom of the page, little flowers or snails, sometimes whole scenes of treelines or rivers running.

You hung them all in your room, above your bed. The drawings were gorgeous. Like he'd practiced for hundreds of years to get it just right.

When he'd show up again, cloudy days, rainy days, didn't matter. You'd chatter away, occasionally with a small smile from him slipping. Sometimes you'd accidentally skim your hand over him, immediately noticing how cold he is. You make a comment and give him the jacket you're wearing, hoping to warm him up.

He always tried to refuse, but you'd throw the piece of clothing at him and that was the end of that conversation. Sometimes you'd get cold after giving him the jacket, and utterly refuse to take the article back. Eventually ending up over at the Cullens with a cup of tea and a thousand blankets wrapped around you because you started sniffling.

Carlisle always apologized for Ed's theatrics, saying you only had a little cold. To which Edward would grow really quiet, making you laugh. He'd try to hide the bashful smile on his face, but couldn't hide it from you forever. Eventually with the tv rolling, you'd feel him staring at you.

He'd take you home and apologize profusely, but you'd wave it off, smiling at him.

"Stop being a popsicle and maybe we'd have to stop hanging out, Ed."

Once, he'd bashfully stared down at the floor of your porch, and you'd tied the black hoodie around his neck, like a cape.

"Now you have your own, see? Won't ever have to fear I've caught pneumonia ever again."

He'd laugh, waving bye to you, and as you watched him walk out of your driveway, there was a little pep in his step, he'd taken off the hoodie and put it on as soon as he hit the sidewalk.

You laughed and he'd turned around looking at you, a large smile on his face, getting into his car and driving off.

Only when your roommate pointed it out did you realize you'd stolen one of the blankets from the Cullen's house. You'd gotten so comfortable you must have forgotten that it was round your shoulders. You folded it in your bag, and waited to give it to him the next day.

Frustratingly enough it was a sunny day out. As usual a note was tucked under your mat, telling you he'd be gone again, but this time the image at the bottom was a quick sketch of you, huddled in the blanket and waving from your front porch.