Chapter 33

The corridors were practically empty as students made their way to their respective common rooms. Curfew was minutes away and Sophie picked up her pace to Ravenclaw Tower. She quickly turned around the corner to see a flash of yellow robes with olive skin. Bronson. She began to run at a slow jog to catch up with him.

"Bronson!" She called out. "Bronson wait!"

Bronson turned and made eye contact with Sophie. He turned away and continued walking.

"Please wait!" Sophie yelled as she was catching up to him.

"Go away Sophie." Bronson replied.

"Please just let me talk to you."

"I know what you want to talk about and I'm not interested." He still didn't look at her.

"Why won't you just let me explain?" She placed herself in front of him. He tried to walk around her but she moved, still blocking him.

"I have no interest in your explanation." Bronson finally looked at her.

"How can you say that? I'm here to apologize."

"And then beg me to talk to Malfoy? No. It's not happening."

"Bronson please. Keep your voice down. If I could only explain to you....."

"Enough!" Bronson yelled.

They both fell silent.

Bronson exhaled. "I don't want to fight with you, but I have no interest in speaking with you either."

Sophie felt her eyes watering. "Well I'm not going anywhere until you talk to me." Sophie folded her arms.

Bronson sighed and looked away from her. "Move."

"No." Sophie pushed her chin out.

"You're acting like a child!" Bronson yelled.

A soft light began to illuminate the corridor and footsteps approached. Bronson and Sophie whipped their heads in the direction of the light.

"Students out of bed. It's past curfew." Filch spoke with a wicked smirk. "Detention for both of you!"

Sophie looked at Bronson. "You could've just let me explain." She clicked her tongue, shook her head, and began walking to Ravenclaw tower.

When she arrived to her dorm she aggressively threw her bag down and plopped onto her bed lying on her back. She closed her eyes and let out a deep exhale.

"You alright?" Cho asked.

"Brilliant." Sophie mumbled.

"Oh, Fred is looking for you by the way." Cho spoke.

"What for?" Sophie asked.

"I'm not sure. He just said he was looking for you." She shrugged.

Sophie let out a long breath.

"What is it?"

"I just......I want things to go back to the way they were before. Last year was so easy. Everything is complicated now."

Cho looked at Sophie. "I get what you mean. How about tomorrow at the pier we try to only talk about fun things? No talk of war or Quigley." Cho suggested.

"Can't. I won't be able to make it to the pier." Sophie sighed.

"Why?" Cho asked.

"I've got detention tomorrow night. With Bronson."

"What for?" Cho asked confused.

"I tried talking to him and he wouldn't listen. Next thing I know it's after curfew and Filch is giving us detention. If he had only listened to me!" Sophie rubbed her face with her hands.