Chapter 5

A week had passed since Sophie and Fred's breakup. Each evening Sophie would find herself walking down to the pier and spending hours with Theo. Things were simplified when she spent time with him. He always made her laugh and he was carefree. It was exactly what Sophie needed and she felt herself growing fond of her evenings with Theo. He seemed to be the only friend she had and sometimes she felt as if she was his only friend. They didn't talk much about friends or family, which made it difficult for Sophie to truly gauge if he had other friends, but she had a creeping suspicion that he was the odd one out within the Slytherin house.

The afternoon was coming to an end as Sophie finished with her last class. She began to walk through the corridor towards the front doors of the castle. Just as she turned the corner she felt her body collide with another as her belongings fell out of her hands. Two hands snaked around her arms, catching her.

"Oh sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." Sophie said as she gripped onto the arms holding her. She looked up at the body belonging to the arms and felt her heart stop momentarily. The face in front of her had bright orange hair and beautiful hazel eyes. She felt herself relax instantly when she noticed a scar on the left cheek that belonged to George.

"It's alright Sophie. Don't sweat it." George spoke as he steadied Sophie before letting go.

"Thanks." She said as she gave him a polite smile.

"I haven't seen you around much." George commented as he bent down to pick up the books that had fallen.

"Oh. Yeah I've just been busy." Sophie joined him on the floor and began to pick up her own belongings.

"Yeah. I've been getting a lot of that lately from Fred as well." His tone sounded exhausted.

Sophie carefully watched George for a moment. "How is he?"she asked unsure if she wanted to know the answer.

"He's......" George sighed. "He's Fred."

"Mm. Yeah." She felt her heart sink from her chest.

"You should talk to him Sophie." George placed his hand on hers. "He could use you right now."

"I....I can't see him. Not yet." Sophie pulled her hand away from George's. "It was nice seeing you George, but I have somewhere to be." She swiftly grabbed her remaining belongings and headed down the corridor. She reached outside the castle and walked across the grass towards the pier. The sun was still out. There was a chance Theo wasn't at the pier yet.

When she arrived she found herself alone.

The planks creaked as she slowly made her way to the edge of the pier. She stood at the last plank and carefully peaked over the edge.

They never found her. She never came back up.

Theo's voice repeated in her head as she looked into the dark water beneath her. She leaned forward slightly more as her hair fell off her shoulders and dangled in front of her. The wood continued to creak as her body weight shifted.

Suddenly she was falling as she felt a large force wrap itself around her and pull her backwards. She landed on her side and felt her head collide with the wood beneath her. She wiggled out of the persons grasp and grabbed her head and ribs in pain.

"Ow!" She exclaimed as she continued to rub her head.

"Fuck me!" A voice shouted beside her. She turned to see Theo on the ground clutching his shoulder.

"Theo! Are you alright?" She lunged forward and began to examine his shoulder.

"What the hell were you doing?!" He screamed in her face as he gestured to the water.