Operation: RedStorm

Before Hunter Team Two and the National Guard can get to Arcadia, they need to support and clear Checkpoint Lima of all Russian elements. The ransacking and purging of suburban America is still not over.

Fleeing families getting shot in the back, captured men getting executed, helpless children getting kidnapped, begging women getting dragged away into rooms, anyone can guess the details. Saving them would be a messy, close quarters job, but no one hesitated. Especially Private James Ramirez.

Whenever enemy reinforcements would arrive, Hunter Team Two would direct their M1126 Stryker Combat Vehicle support, Honey Badger, to them. With the armored vehicle covering the road and neighborhood, all ground troops went door-to-door killing Russians and saving civilians.

In the commotion, Ramirez was the fastest in rescuing people, and the most brutal in killing enemy paratroopers. He stops evacuee pursuers, foils executions, brings kidnapped children back from Russian possession before they can disappear, and saves women from possible torture and/or rape.

At the same time, he tears the pursuers and executioners to shreds in full-auto rifle fire, and disembowels and decapitates kidnappers with his, and their own combat knives. He even mortally wounded a Russian before he could drag a teenage girl into an empty room, just to haul him in front of Honey Badger to be flattened.

Ramirez knows that normally, it's the superiors and leaders that are responsible for the carnage and inhumanity of their men, and they chose to follow those orders. And even if they were never told to do those atrocities, a lot of soldiers do things without their Commanding Officers, or just CO's knowledge.

Which means he just responded to their actions accordingly. The laws of war and the playbook go out of the window when a real war and invasion happens.

And he takes full pleasure in making the Russians he fights suffer and die in excruciating ways. He seeks for the thrill of the kill and the most brutal forms of retaliation, but his self-control, friends, family, Grace and the innocent people around him keep him from losing his mind.

Twenty Five minutes later. . .

Checkpoint Lima is back in American control, Hunter Team Two and their assigned National Guard support advance to Arcadia. After receiving Overlord's new orders and seeing the mangled Russians in all the houses and streets Ramirez operated in, Foley catches up to check on him.

 After receiving Overlord's new orders and seeing the mangled Russians in all the houses and streets Ramirez operated in, Foley catches up to check on him

Foley: I've seen your work, Ramiresmirez. Messy, but effective.

 Messy, but effective