With Ichigo and Sai

Sai was on the back foot as Ichigo countered all his moves and counterattacked with each blow chipping away at him. As he grabbed his brush and paper, he was going to create a ink beast; before he could Ichigo slashed open his ink container and spilled the special ink on the ground.

"Your little doodles won't help you against me" Ichigo said as he slashed at Sai nicking him on his cheek as he jumped away. "You can't win against me Sai" Ichigo said no tone of arrogance in his voice as Sai looked at him.

"How did you come up with that assumption" Sai asked to which Ichigo smiled.

"I killed you when you were at the top of your game" he said as Sai looked both confused and scared at the statement "so I can definitely kill you now" he said as he charged once again. As Sai blocked his strike, he then felt a electric shock go through his body as his muscles tensed; Ichigo taking advantage of the opportunity cut off Sai's hand holding his tanto while kicking the boy into a tree.

Sai now free from the lightning attack looked up only to see a short sword 2 inches away from his forehead. "Who are you" Sai asked as he looked up at Ichigo.

"What does that matter to a dead man" Ichigo said as he stuck Sai through the forehead piercing through his skull and hitting the tree behind him. As Ichigo looked into the scared eyes of his future root commander, he started to have flashbacks.

A burning village here, a massacre there; him killing a family for his initiation ceremony, him capturing a runaway sex slave from a council members dungeon and him killing his 49 other 'brothers' as Sasuke only wanted the strongest of the batch of 50 Kakashi clones to serve his empire.

As Ichigo opened his eyes and the visions faded away, he removed his sword from Sai's skull and let out a sigh of relief as he took a final look at Sai 'rest in piss' he thought as he left the area to see in Hayate finished his fight.

With Hayate

Fu was in a sense getting his ass kicked; he had studied every jounin in Konoha to assess their personalities in order to best dispose of them incase they decide to go rogue. He was now wondering how a jounin who only a month before was having severe lung issues and being examined to be medically retired was now fighting like a man who got a second chance at life.

Hayate was surprised at how he felt; whenever he sparred with Yugao he was hacking and coughing in a couple minutes. But now he has been fighting for 5 minutes and he didn't feel out of breath. As he dodged another slash from Fu, he jumped back made 2 shadow clones and got into a stance.

'Secret art: Dance of the crescent Moon' as all 3 Hayate's charged at Fu who tried to block the attacks only to fail as all 3 hit a fatal spot. Fu dropped to the ground dead as Hayate's clones dispursed and he looked at the dead root ninja. "Good riddance" he said as he heard a rustle and turned around only to see Ichigo standing there with a blank stare.

"Is it done" Ichigo said as Hayate nodded "good let's go before the fires start" he said to which Hayate looked at him curious until both Torune and Fu's corpses burst into flames as he then turned to Ichigo. "Root squads have a responsibility to bring back the dead" he said as Hayate nodded "if the whole squad is killed all 3 corpses will burst into flames to hide any secrets" Ichigo finished as he and Hayate ran off into the woods back to Konoha.

Later on, that day

Ichigo after reporting his findings to Jiraya, Tsunade and Hiruzen walked through the streets of Konoha aimlessly; after killing Sai and preventing him from ever reviving Root in the future he once again felt lost. He once again killed the man responsible for turning him into a monster but her still felt like all he did was prove both Sasuke and Sai right; he was a killing machine no more no less. As he looked up temporarily, he saw something that made him freeze, as sign; Yamanaka flower shop.