"Ok class" came a voice that Naruto recognized as the third Hokage as he stood in front of the class "please be seated so we can begin assigning teams".

"Uhh… Lord Hokage" Shikamaru spoke up as he was confused "why are you here instead of Iruka sensei".

"Oh that. Uhh…" The Hokage began as he wasn't expecting to be asked a question so he decided to do what every good politician does; lie his ass off. "Iruka and Mizuki were caught committing treachery and were killed" he said as the entire class including Sasuke looked at him in disbelief.

"Who killed them" Sasuke asked wondering who had been strong enough to do the deed.

The Hokage now realizing he should've planned more ahead lied once again "Naruto killed them both" he said which made the class look at Naruto who was looking at the Hokage with wide eyes.

'Why are you telling them this' Naruto said with his eyes.

'Sorry I'm winging it just play along' Hiruzen responded with his own eye answer. "Yes, Naruto was camping in the woods when they were trying to escape the village with the forbidden scroll; Naruto selflessly engaged both of them taking them by surprise and killing them. My Anbu arrived shortly after and brought him to me to which I passed him for being able to kill 2 chunin level shinobi by himself" the hokage finished as he gave himself a mental pat on the back as he covered his own ass.

Naruto was now feeling like a target was just painted onto his back as Sasuke, Sakura and Kiba were now giving him death glares; Hinata was giving him a look of amazement and even Shino and Shikamaru were giving him small nods of approval. Naruto then stood up and putting on his best mask of seriousness spoke up.

"Those 2 betrayed the village; so, I took their lives. I pray none of you are stupid enough to make me do the same to you" Naruto finished as he sat down with a scowl. Inside however Naruto was celebrating in his head 'damn I'm a good actor; I should be in a movie' he thought.

"Ok anyway I'm glad that was brought up" Hiruzen said regaining their attention "since Naruto was not in the original pool of genin he'll be put on a team with 2 open slots; the other one to be filled by Hinata Hyuga as she'll be the best option as the teams scout" Hiruzen finished as Naruto realized what Hiruzen was doing.

Hinata was mentally jumping in joy as she gets to be on a team with her idol.

"Your new team consists of Sensei Yugao Uzuki and a girl named Sarada Suzuki" Hiruzen said to which Naruto and Hinata nodded "they'll be at the Hokage tower as they both just returned from a mission". Hiruzen then continued "most of the teams will be the same except for a 2" hiruzen said "team 7 will be Sakura, Sasuke and Kiba; while team 8 will be Shino, random boy 1 and random girl 1" he finished as he read the rest of the teams off (they're not important so I'm not wasting my time).

Once teams were done being announced Naruto and Hinata got up and started to walk down the stairs to the Hokage tower to meet their new team. Kiba seeing this decided to give Hinata a slap on the ass as she walked by him; before his hand could make contact Naruto caught it and proceeded to punch Kiba in his face breaking his nose.

"Don't ever do that to a woman" Naruto warned as he grabbed Hinata's hand and basically dragged her behind him.

Hokage tower.

As Naruto and Hinata were about to enter the Hokage's office Hinata stopped and Naruto looked at her.

"Umm… thank you for protecting me like that Naruto" Hinata said shyly as Naruto blushed in response as he never realized how cute she was.