Chapter 27 - The Raid on Liberio

Start from the beginning

"Fuck." She muttered breathily, feeling her train of thought derail completely. "Fuck, what?" He teased, closing more distance. Leah could feel the heat radiating from his body as his chest almost pressed against her own and his lips hovered millimeter away.

"Fuck me?" The words left her mouth before she could regain any self-control. Levi's smirk widened, but he couldn't deny the fact her words had a huge effect on him as heat pooled in his groin. "That can be arranged."

"Will you hurry up and kiss me already." Leah pleaded softly, lifting both her hands towards his head and entangling them in his messy hair.

"As you wish, sweetheart."

There was no rush in the movements he made next. Leah's hands tugged his head closer and his lips met hers in a gentle dance. He slid a hand onto her waist, caressing the uncovered skin as softly as his lips. Their body's pressed together as the sensual moment continued, and a feeling of ecstasy flooded over both of them.

As the kiss progressed, Levi skillfully lay Leah back and when her head met the pillow, he detached his lips from hers and rested his forehead on hers. Their heavy breathing filled the room.

"You don't understand how long I've been wanting to do that." Levi admitted sheepishly.

"I'm offended it took you so long. If I knew you were that good a kisser I would've thrown professionalism out the window and kissed you the day we met."

"You've liked me that long?" Levi's voice betrayed his entertainment. His hands still roamed her midsection, tracing her warm skin with careful movements.

"Hm. You were a bit grumpy, but I suppose I did find you attractive to some extent."

"Grumpy?" A low laugh bubbled from him. "I suppose I was quite. It's amazing the side of me you bring out."

Leah ran her hands down from his hair to rest on his collar, and her eyes flicked to the spot on his neck she'd kissed the night before. There was no mark, and the memory had only resurfaced when his lips met hers.

Leah grazed her thumb over the area and Levi was transfixed by the concentration on her face. "This could get messy." She mumbled honestly after a pause.

"I know." Levi's eyes softened, giving her his full attention as she continued. "Relationships are complicated, even when we're not on the brink of war. I'm glad this has finally happened... but what if this just makes things harder." Her voice was fragile, a whisper that could have been drowned out by the wind.

Levi clasped her hand not on his neck in his and interlocked their fingers, giving it a tight squeeze. "The way I feel about you will never change. It's never not going to hurt if anything happens to you. But if you don't want to commit to anything, I can keep going how things were... I think." His gaze left hers and shifted to their joined hands, glossing over their sandwiched bodies.

"I don't think I can." Leah sighed, pressing a kiss to Levi's forehead. "But I know what you mean. Losing you would hurt more than anything in the world right now, and I doubt being allowed to express my feelings for you will change that fact by much."

Levi blushed at her tone and words, rubbing his thumb over hers. "So you want to give it a try?"

"I don't see why not, Co-Captain."

Levi lifted an eyebrow and fixed her a stern look. "Oh, you are so for it now." He growled, pinning her to the bed and attacking her lips with his. Their first kiss had been intimate and loving, but now his arousal and growing passion towards this woman was shining through as he hungrily kissed her.