MATES

Alex

We maintain and monitor records of every single child born in our territory. Every child emits a unique energy when they are born. My bureaucrats track down that energy and make sure that no one is left out of our records. Children are the future of our kingdom. They are highly important for us. If our mate had been born in our kingdom, we would definitely have had her record. It means she was brought from another kingdom. Child trafficking is forbidden in our territory, and we have taken significant measures to eliminate it. It looks like our measures are not enough.

"How about we ask her how she got here?" Sebastian suggested.

"Firstly, let's make her feel comfortable around us. I doubt she even knows the meaning of trafficking. We will talk about that later. Right now, we have much more important things to deal with."

"What can be more important than that??" Sebastian questioned.

Instantly, I became serious.
"I caught two kidnappers last night. They were wearing blue robes with our seals on them."

Sebastian exclaimed. He fell short of words. He should be. Our late father, King Lucifer, was a sky dragon. In his remembrance, his followers wore blue robs with our seals. It's beyond my imagination; how can our father be involved in this? My father was a just king. He will never do such a hideous thing. There must be some reason for this.

"Have you interrogated them?" Sebastian asked, after thinking for a long time.

"No"

"WHAT THE HELL! Why can't you do the most easiest task for you??" He shouted.

"I was taking care of our mate, and you left to God knows where."

"She was sleeping when I left. You could have left her in your dummy wolve's care. I won't entertain excuses".

"How could I leave her when she was having nightmares?" I explained myself. He stared at me for sometime.

"Fine, let's calm down. So, when are you going to interrogate them? I want you to get something out of them."

"Tonight. But you have to take care of our mate while I'm gone.
My wolf is very possessive of her. I can't leave unless he is sure about her safety. He trusts you with her." I said.

"Fine, but just for tonight."

"Hmmm" I hummed in response.

After spending some time with her, I always wanted to stay close to her. I don't even want to leave her for a second; it feels like torture.

I was driven out of my thoughts when our head chief and maids brought our breakfast. As usual, it smells like heaven. I felt utterly excited. I will be sharing food with my mate. Sharing food between mates is a sign of great affection. I glanced towards my right side and was surprised to see that Sebastian was also waiting for her to come. He is also looking forward to it. He will not say it aloud because of his ego, but I knew he meant it.

A small knock on the door announced her arrival. Sebastian stirred nervously in his place and straightened himself a bit. I held a laughter forming inside me. The greatest golden dragon seems affected by someone.